PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

Why Barnes and Nobel so high are they good about fulfilling limited releases? You really think they can get 75? Honestly I can't afford anymore preorders. I have 500 maybe more or a little less tied up from this. Granted I'll get it back if the can't fulfill but I have this preordered at almost 9 sites and makes me scared my accounts Goona get wiped out when all I want is One. I'm worried this will cause my other vinyl I'll be preordering not to go through cause they are all comming out around the same time, vinyl films box, what's next to the moon, and rock n roll singer and not to mention pre orders for universal themes will be going up not long after that.

Why Barnes and Nobel so high are they good about fulfilling limited releases? You really think they can get 75? Honestly

Um, er, that was a joke. I have no inside info or anything, those are just guesses; my guess is that B+N will fill exactly zero for VCers.

While I'm not getting my hopes up (I have an order through amazon.ca and .com), it's at least a positive sign that pre-orders are so widespread. The fact that this is appearing on sites like B&N at least would indicate that some of these boxes will appear in the digital wild. I keep reminding myself that this is a 4ad release and not a Caldo Verde one.

So I just got a call from one of my local stores and he said, " I just got final word that no stores should be getting this, and it will only being sold direct or by the label" 

This sounds like he was misinformed. He owns a record store but this is what he was told by his distributor ....odd...I am praying that they DIDNT just decided to say fuck it lets not give any to any stores...and then maybe they will just post another link on the 4AD site?

IDK seems unlikely but it has me a bit concerned...granted I do have another store that seems like 90% confident they are getting a copy for me? UGH fucking 4AD IF YOU PRESSED 10,000 IT STILL WOULD OF SOLD OUT BUT THE MAJORITY OF TRUE FANS WOULD GET A COPY! 

Honestley 4ad that's what you should have done in the first place now it's a big mess. At least then everyone would have been happy. That extra hour of presales would have made all the difference. But unfortunately I'm pretty sure he was misinformed . 4ad made this so complicated. The customer knows more then the store/distributor

I called Barnes and Nobel , it's the number one bestseller btw. I was telling her how it's its limited 1500 worldwide how many do you expect? she sounded like she was from some foreign call center and she had a tone her voice like I was crazy and that they know nothing about the limited availability acting like its a normal product.

Putting them all up for sale on the 4AD site is definitely what should have happened in the first place (and maybe letting people know when it would go up). It's not even worth trying to get it at record stores on the 21st since the stores that do end up getting one won't have more than that. 

(or they could have made more than, you know, 1500 copies)

RHP is actually really well known more then I ever would have known. I know this from all the record stores i've spoke with about this product all agreeing the should have pressed more ! They could have sold 10,000 for sure!!!! It could have been the top selling indie record of 2015. If they pressed enough that is!

Based on the way 4AD handled the first presale (sold out in 5 minutes, and 2 hours before I even RECEIVED the email informing me the set was about to go on sale).... I'd rather take my chances with Bullmoose, Acoustic Sounds, and other retailers who actually know how to fill orders.

I suspect many small local record stores are going to get shut out so the major online retailers can receive their allotted orders. It makes no sense for 4AD to screw over SSD and AS just to make sure every single local store in Double LP's town (for instance) gets their own personal copy.

This is the same pressing order as the usual CV/Sun Kil Moon release, and most of those POs get handled just fine. (See the Kozelek thread to hear people talk about receiving multiple copies after ordering from several sites at once...)

10,000 copies wouldn't have sold out for months... And wouldn't have created any online frenzy or hype. Which is probably the reason Kozelek forced 4AD to cut the order back to 1500 worldwide. The man really gets off on having all his vinyl be instantly sold out come street date.

I would love for the execs of 4ad to read this thread. Maybe then they would realize how bad they messed up on the way they are releasing this. Sorry for my ranting guys.

4AD read the first 10,000 negative comments on their Facebook on the first day of the presale. (You know, the only time they sold directly to customers... And left everyone angry and frustrated.) I'm sure they've been aware of the fans' reaction for a month now.

I'm not sure why people are so desperate. The individual albums are gonna all be available in a couple months... Probably priced between $25 and $35 each. Worst-case scenario, you buy everything in the box set individually and save yourself $30 over the box set price.... Which should be enough money to buy yourself a white pizza box with "RED HOUSE PAINTERS" stenciled on the top if you really need that.   :lol:

I'm not sure why people are so desperate. The individual albums are gonna all be available in a couple months... Probably priced between $25 and $35 each. Worst-case scenario, you buy everything in the box set individually and save yourself $30 over the box set price.... Which should be enough money to buy yourself a white pizza box with "RED HOUSE PAINTERS" stenciled on the top if you really need that.   :lol:

Enough to buy a pizza box WITH pizza in it.

im not sure they could have gotten more than 1500 (=9,000 records) pressed with the typical RSD backorder, i suspect that had something to do with the limited nature of the run.  also, i think our perception of this is skewed somewhat by this board and vinyl nerdery in general - i wonder if a lot of the demand really is the same 500 people, although we know Kozelek stuff is pretty sought after and the RHP records hard to get ahold of otherwise.  i think there is some external factor limiting this run to 1500, and we will see more readily available non-RSD copies afterwards (like we know will happen)

Based on the way 4AD handled the first presale (sold out in 5 minutes, and 2 hours before I even RECEIVED the email informing me the set was about to go on sale).... I'd rather take my chances with Bullmoose, Acoustic Sounds, and other retailers who actually know how to fill orders.

technically it was up for at least 20 minutes, and we know they didnt sell that many copies