The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

52 minutes ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

Just curious, has anyone else who ordered by phone from Luna not seen anything in MyUSPS or UPS My Choice? My card was charged but I'm not seeing any movement anywhere.

I did, and called back twice asking for a tracking number, but they told me they guy who handles that is out taking care of personal family issues so they will get back to me. Pretty sure my records will be here before I get a tracking number, but I've ordered from them multiple times without issues.

36 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Where do these keep coming from?

Here's my theory (for what it's worth). Kozelek used to do distro for Caldo Verde through a place based out of Greensboro NC. I have the idea that possibly they found a bunch of NOS back stock, and this is because all this merch is showing up on the east coast in shops...

My theory is that this is all stock from "the uncool" (cameron crowes website, vinyl film record label). For a while they were working on an online store, maybe two years the tab was up with an under construction error link.

I think it fell through and this is all stock that they were saving for it.

One way or another I'm psyched i get to own some of these.

56 minutes ago, th11thson said:

My theory is that this is all stock from "the uncool" (cameron crowes website, vinyl film record label). For a while they were working on an online store, maybe two years the tab was up with an under construction error link.

I think it fell through and this is all stock that they were saving for it.

One way or another I'm psyched i get to own some of these.

Sounds like a good theory to me. After all, how long has it been since Vinyl Films even put out anything new in combination with Koz? Plus, someone in CA has been listing copy after copy of the Benji swirl promo on eBay and selling them for between $75-$125 each and charging nearly $12 for shipping. That would explain all these "promo" variants falling from the sky randomly...

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

Speaking of promo versions, anyone ever seen one of these?  I thought the "Sings Christmas Carols" promos were supposed to be clear with red/green swirl, but this one is opaque white with red/green swirl?  I don't see anything listed on discogs...

Should say too, this is one of the "recently made available" copies...  just curious if it's a new edition or part of that promo 300.

zvshu8.jpg

Edited by eduardo

6 minutes ago, eduardo said:

Speaking of promo versions, anyone ever seen one of these?  I thought the "Sings Christmas Carols" promos were supposed to be clear with red/green swirl, but this one is opaque white with red/green swirl?  I don't see anything listed on discogs...

Can't say I have... Mine is the typical clear swirl. Stack that with the two others I've never seen physical copies of as well... Promos for Duk Koo Kim & The Finally Album

Edit: Does it have the typical Red & Green lettered circle sticker on the front shrink?

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

Mark had a habit of having totally random out of print vinyl at shows so he probably had boxes of stuff laying around. Think indie was the exclusive distributor for the vinyl films box so maybe that is the distributor the one store mentioned.

Out of curiosity where did that white red/green Christmas album come from?

10 hours ago, musig said:

Anyone managed to order any of these internationally? If so, please link to where you found them!

8 hours ago, lastvaultboy said:

No luck here but that's a good shout. Would love to have picked up all of these!

I third this sentiment. Don't really care about the more recent albums or the live stuff but Admiral Fell Promises would be lovely to own.

9 minutes ago, jorgevf said:

I've got AFP & Benji from Luna, and i'm in Europe. Don't know if they have more copies though.

Did you find them on discogs because reading back a few pages people are saying most of Luna Music's stock was sold in store, via mail order request, phone request or discogs. Their online shop is barren as all hell.