Ryam Adams - PAX AM Records

Or they say this.

* This is a special preorder item. Sales will end promptly on April 1st at 10am PDT **

* This second pressing of Live at Carnegie Hall will contain the same Matrix numbers as the original pressing, but features different label colors as seen in the pictures *

* Preorder items will ship on or around July 17th, 2015.  Any additional items ordered with Live at Carnegie Hall - 2nd Pressing will ship together in July.  Purchasers will received a MP3 digital download of the Ryan Adams Live at Carnegie collection on April 21st *

* Strictly limited to 1 per household, additional orders will be cancelled *

* Measures are being taken to ensure that these sets are delivered to fans in pristine condition, each box set will be suspended in the shipping box. Because we want to ensure there is no damage done in transit, shipping costs might be slightly higher than normal to account for the additional packaging. *

It doesn't. but its pretty easy to say. "Due to overwhelming demand, We have decided to add a second pressing. So that you don't feel cheated, we are making this one look different so as to distinguish from the first pressing. We wanted to make sure everyone who wanted this could get it"  

So it's just like Life After Deaf . . .

I think it's great that they're making this available for everyone who missed out the first time. I'm a bit bummed, though, that the release is no longer a "limited" pressing. I'm not certain I would have dumped $90 on this last week had I known it would be so widely available.

It's hilarious that all those flippers on sleazeBay will be giving refunds now. :lol:

So the 2nd pressing get 2 new songs? What?

Songs are the same on both pressings. They are just noting that How Much Light and This Is Where We Meet In My Mind are being released for the first time. Wouldn't be surprised if a similar sticker is on the first pressing.

So it's just like Life After Deaf . . .

In fact its the complete opposite of LAD. Unless that was the joke you were making.

I'm not sure why they didnt just press more/say they were going to press more. It is not like it is unknown to PaxAm how quickly his stuff sells out and how quickly it goes up in price. Did they say a one time press to get it to sell quickly, and then gauge from there if it is worth doing a second press? Also, if it is pressed to order( I dont know where you got that from Tim though as I dont see it written as that) what are the chances that the second press is the more rare version as less people will get the new center labels?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news:

STEREOGUM: What about that box set of the various unreleased albums, is that still going to happen?

ADAMS: I don’t understand what people don’t get about that. It mystifies me. People go, “Whatever happened to the 20/20 boxset?” I always want to go like, what are you fucking talking about?

STEREOGUM: Well, it’s been rumored on and off for years.

ADAMS: Yeah, like in 2003 or ’04 or something. I talked about it then. Trying to release unreleased records. But those records are common knowledge now. Like, “When are you going to release The Suicide Handbook?” When people call it that I’m like, “Why do you call it that?” It was actually originally called Commercial Suicide. It wasn’t called The Suicide Handbook because the record I wanted to release was just a double record of acoustic performances and string sections. The version that leaked, they don’t have the strings on it. It’s so known. The toothpaste left the tube so long ago, I’m not going to try to put it into a new toothpaste container. Why would I do that? [laughs] And also I can’t release anything that’s been previously released. I own all my unreleased masters. And then Universal, before I left, if it came out, they owned that. So that means a couple of songs from Commercial Suicide Handbook that were on Demolition make it an incomplete record, and then there was a record I did with Ethan at the end of Gold, it wasn’t really a record, it was just a session. We called it 48 Hours because we made it in 48 hours. And like … the reason it leaked is because my record label would put Lost Highway stickers on it and send it to people.

He goes even more in depth during the rest of the interview

Dumb POV. He could still sell those albums even though people have DL'd them.

My theory is he wants to release them complete but the tracks that ended up on Demolition are tied up with Universal still. I believe he has the rights to the rest of those unreleased albums, but Demolition is still on Universal.

Also very interesting from that interview RE: Heartbreaker deluxe.

...But there’s still my very first four-track recordings up to like, 2005, when I still used cassette four-tracks. I assembled all of them in one place. I found that stuff. I found a shit ton of stuff around the Heartbreaker sessions, all this great stuff. I’m so stoked about that.

STEREOGUM: Do you think that’s material you would want to return to?

ADAMS: That I would put out? Yeah, when it’s time to put out Heartbreaker again I’ll probably look at some of that stuff again. I’m not really into revisionism. It doesn’t define me, but I’ll make stuff available if it makes sense because there’s a record getting put back out again. I’m not 60. I’m 39. It’s not time to start digging through the archives yet. I tell you what, if anyone does start digging through my archives someday, they better bring a bunch more people and a lot of shovels, because there’s a lot of shit back there.

Dumb POV. He could still sell those albums even though people have DL'd them.

My theory is he wants to release them complete but the tracks that ended up on Demolition are tied up with Universal still. I believe he has the rights to the rest of those unreleased albums, but Demolition is still on Universal.

Yep. Thats exactly it! He mentioned it somewhere in that wall of text haha

For anyone interested in the UK color singles, Gimme Something Good is now available on gold vinyl. I know this was available from Bull Moose at one point, but this was the first chance I've had to order it.

https://www.bandstores.co.uk/shop/ryanadams/proddetail.php?prod=FB_Ryan_0034

Gimme Something Good has been available on Gold vinyl for a while - l know the pressing number was listed at a store or two - but now I am at a loss to find it. I want to say 1500...

Still available from Bull Moose and most other record stores online.

Well darn, I should have checked Bull Moose again before my order. Oh well, thanks for the heads up anyway.

Gimme Something Good has been available on Gold vinyl for a while - l know the pressing number was listed at a store or two - but now I am at a loss to find it. I want to say 1500...

Still available from Bull Moose and most other record stores online.

Yes, we still have some left. At $15, it's kind of only for the diehards.

We have extras of Blue Light in case anybody missed out.