Ryam Adams - PAX AM Records

They put up clips on soundcloud of the three other 7"s. Perhaps they should have done that from the beginning so people had some idea of what they were getting. They are only 30 second clips of one song by each person, and honestly none of them do that much for me.

https://soundcloud.com/paxam-records/mike-viola-stairway-to-paradise

My Carnegie Hall box set came this morning, just listened to night one.  Fucking excellent, recording is so good.  I don't own any of the Live after Deaf on Vinyl but have listened a bunch on Spotify.  The CH stuff is WAY better, so much clarity.  Also side 6 of night 1 is nothing by audience applause, love it haha

I listened to the Spotify stream of Carnegie Hall and was kind of surprised at just how compelling he is solo. I think I've liked most of his music less and less since his first few solo albums, and maybe it's just that I think he's more interesting with a sparser sound. A lot of his newer songs I prefer in this solo setting.

Unrelated to the box, since this is a Pax-Am thread, I have a question/favour, and was hoping someone could help me out. Years ago I heard the versions of Now That You're Gone and If I'm a Stranger from the 7 inch (both are stripped down and sparser than on Cold Roses), but they were really shitty quality rips of the vinyl. I haven't been able to find any half-decent vinyl tips of that one, and am wondering if anyone has some decent quality digital files, or knows where to find them. The 7' has been selling for quite a lot lately so I don't think buying a copy is an option for me right now. Any leads on digital files appreciated!

I would assume not, since they mentioned they were pressing to numbers ordered. You can still order 2nd pressings off Amazon.

I don't think you can order it anymore on Amazon US. Amazon CA, however, says the release date is tomorrow so I ordered that... I'd be surprised if that went through.

That turned out to not be as true as intended. Acoustic Sounds is getting the second pressing (not the first). I imagine that the second pressing may a bit bigger than the first if they opened it to retailers too (as opposed to just paxAm shoppers).

Acoustic Sounds, Music Direct, Soundstage Direct, and Elusive Disc all have this up for pre order. Really hope they get some; I can't deal with another Red House Painters-like fiasco again haha. Deciding who to order from...