PO: The Story So Far - Self Titled

Under Soil and Dirt has a Black and a 180gram Black variants. If that counts.

Touché. Still technically different and I don't think them doing that one time in their entire catalog means it will happen here. Plus the first pressing for this is bigger than all 6 pressings of USAD and as big as all 4 of WYDS. You've gotta assume they were trying to meet the demand without repressing this a ton of times within a year.

Touché. Still technically different and I don't think them doing that one time in their entire catalog means it will happen here. Plus the first pressing for this is bigger than all 6 pressings of USAD and as big as all 4 of WYDS. You've gotta assume they were trying to meet the demand without repressing this a ton of times within a year.

I don't think we will see two blacks either. This is a huge pressing and I'm sure by the time it "runs" out there will be another 2000+ variant on the way.

Not gona lie I probably wouldn't have snagged a black had it not been the most limited, but you know The Hobby

I just don't get the logic here. 180g black is the best sounding quality of all vinyl, so if you actually like listening to records on a decent turntable, 180g black is an absolute must. Go buy Dude Ranch on 180g black and I swear it will sound like you're listening to a different album, because the quality is THAT much better.

I'm not a variant collector, but for my favorite albums, I'll hang the best color variant on my wall and jam to the 180g black.

Honestly curious why people hate the idea of a "self titled" album.

For me personally, I have never cared what an album is titled. I only care about the music on it.

I also don't get this.

The album is called the story so far. It just so happens the band is also called the story so far.

At this point in their career they have experienced a lot, but there is still more out there for them hence so far.

I've heard that 180g doesn't warp as easily, though I'm not sure how true that sound quality part is.

You're right, the record itself is better quality because it is heavier and less likely to warp and stuff like that. The actual sound quality probably depends... but like I said, I own two copies of my favorite albums and I notice a big difference in sound quality. Especially on my blink albums (dude ranch, TYPAJ, and enema) and my B&C album (separation) compared to the lighter weight colored versions. The tri-color TYPAJ sounds like poo compared to the 180g black.. just my 2 cents