Looking for female who loves to dig for vinyl/can write about music

WHY are a handful of men getting defensive in this thread? Women were curious as to why this was gender specific, voiced that it was strange and uncomfortable, that we do not enjoy being treated any different because we're all just people with a love for the same hobby. We treat records the same as men because believe it or not...there aren't rules on how to collect records based on gender.

Yet, as we all should have expected, unnessecary comments are being made like everyone else is offended that we're offended. Seriously?

Oh, I'm sorry. You're just making jokes. Because jokes are so funny when they're at the expense of other people's feelings, right?

Had I quoted the post telling Madie to take less sexy selfies and said "wait, I don't get it? Why is this funny?" Would you be able to explain it without being completely offensive? No.

Mods, lock this shit up.

I think the initial responses were based on how poorly worded the OP was. Starting out by saying it isn't a booty call is dumb and then not ever truly stating what the "opportunity" is what made people react negatively. I would like to know what wildflange was looking to get out of this. I wonder what would have happened if he had been more specific and just deleted the first part of the post.

As for the comment towards Madie - yeah, that isn't a joke at all. It's especially less funny when she just mentioned how gross it is when guys do and say stuff like that.

I know a lot of dudes here like to think that we get uptight when a topic of this nature comes up... but then someone comes in and totally proves our point.

Quicksand, if I'm not mistaken. Here's the link that I downloaded it from: http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/quicksand

Also, "Misogyny in Punk Rock" sounds rad as hell. Just my two cents.

Thank you very much. I'm going to type everything in it now. Let's see my professors give me anything less than a 80% on an essay with such a ~cool~ font.

Trust me, they won't.  B)

"The assignment was to write about the Industrial Age of America. All this paper says is elephants are cool over and over again."

"Yeah, but did you see the font I used?"

"#TRUUUUU You pass B) "

" B) "

Your typographism disgusts me.

ur mom (jk, she's probably a nice lady)

Well, if my use of the term "lady person" means I am a misogynist, I guess thats me.  

Best of luck on your paper.

I actually wasn't linking my paper to your behaviour.  It just seemed somewhat applicable.  And I don't think you're a misogynist, I just personally kind of cringe when I hear "lady person".  It sounds degrading to me, but maybe that's just because of the context in which I've heard it used in the past.  No hate here!

Also, I cannot keep track of who anyone is on these boards anymore.

Oh my!

Harrasment? How exactly?

Hurt her feelings? I complimented her pic. I made a bad joke about jerks from years ago. I asked for no one pics . I sent no pics. Nor would I ever!

I was merely being affable and complimentary... on the internet.... with a complete stranger. Yes that was wrong. I have learned. I am channeling Larry David today I think!

Sorry madie but if my innocent (sassy and stupid too) comment proves your point I don't get the comparison.

I actually wasn't linking my paper to your behaviour.  It just seemed somewhat applicable.  And I don't think you're a misogynist, I just personally kind of cringe when I hear "lady person".  It sounds degrading to me, but maybe that's just because of the context in which I've heard it used in the past.  No hate here!

Also, I cannot keep track of who anyone is on these boards anymore.

To be fair I've never heard anyone use the term "lady person" before.  Perhaps if I would have had experiences with it being used in a derogetory way I'd rethink my usage of it.  Your "cringing" at my comment is not an unexpected, I talk using awkward / cringe-worthy terminology frequently.  It's actually a personal defense mechanism for my social anxiety, if I intentionally insert awkward / cringe-worthy terminology into conversation it makes my actual awkwardness seem not as pronounced.  Basically embrace the awkwardness.

I know that is a long response to a non-issue, but since you explained where you are coming from I wanted to do the same.

If anyone was offended by my usage of the term lady person you can PM me your hate because we don't need more bumping of this thread.  

Women were curious as to why this was gender specific, voiced that it was strange and uncomfortable, that we do not enjoy being treated any different because we're all just people with a love for the same hobby. We treat records the same as men because believe it or not...there aren't rules on how to collect records based on gender.

I may be missing something but I feel like most of the men in here are feeling the same way. There are a number of dumb posts making jokes but a lot of others wondering what his reasoning for specifically wanting a woman writer is.