PO: Four Year Strong - Self-Titled

Reading that thread on AP reminded me of why I never read the comments over there. I absolutely can't stand Jason Tate/the staffers with their holier than thou attitudes and most of the posters are plain ignorant. They're acting like they're going to change the world with the whole boycott PN thing.

Link plz

John James Ryan (JJR), the current tour manager for FYS and former tour manager for TWY, went out of his way to cover up this issue, including spreading lies about the incident being resolved, being involved in a campaign to bully the victim, and threatening Christian from the Hotelier for trying to bring more attention to what happened. TSSF openly celebrated No Good News signing to Pure Noise, and gave this JJR guy a 'shout out' at their most recent show. Long story short, but that's why people are (justifiably) angry at these two bands.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that. Was curious if they could do that before the label released it. Unless the label is relying more on profit from vinyl sales.

Usually if the label receives physical copies early, the band can sell em at shows. I always luck into that shit at Warped. letlive. and ETID's last records were sold on tour before release date.

Fuck Jason Tate. I agree PN response was shitty but dragging FYS into it is BS

They're dragging the whole label into it. They're all saying how they're going to download the leak of Senses Fail and not buy it. A band who has nothing to do with anyone involved other than signing a contract to the same label months prior to this shit happening is going to suffer these people need to feel important.

The "boycot" won't do much of anything, most of the people who are going to download the leak opposed to pay for the music probably would have downloaded it illegally anyway

That's a good point. I've only lightly read into this whole scandal BS. I think this Jason Tate dude is kind of a douche for perpetuating all this drama beyond any actual resolve. This dude from Set It Off (never heard them, don't care to) is a creepy weirdo but got the boot from his band and his name is now tarnished, think you made your point. Aggressive Internet Shaming is pretty lazy and immature. Is Absolute Punk raising funds to support a woman's charity? Is Jason Tate doing anything to help actual victims of sexual abuse outside or talking shit on the Internet and is that it? If there's no blood on FYS's hands they shouldn't be held accountable for someone else's actions. That's like finding out your neighbor is a serial killer and everyone hating on you because you lent him a shovel one time.

What's the demographic at Absolute Punk? 16 year olds who don't pay for music anyways?

That's a good point. I've only lightly read into this whole scandal BS. I think this Jason Tate dude is kind of a douche for perpetuating all this drama beyond any actual resolve. This dude from Set It Off (never heard them, don't care to) is a creepy weirdo but got the boot from his band and his name is now tarnished, think you made your point. Aggressive Internet Shaming is pretty lazy and immature. Is Absolute Punk raising funds to support a woman's charity? Is Jason Tate doing anything to help actual victims of sexual abuse outside or talking shit on the Internet and is that it? If there's no blood on FYS's hands they shouldn't be held accountable for someone else's actions. That's like finding out your neighbor is a serial killer and everyone hating on you because you lent him a shovel one time.

What's the demographic at Absolute Punk? 16 year olds who don't pay for music anyways?

i frequent both websites, and while I agree, a boycott of all of PNR seems extreme, FYS employing JJR when he was fired from TWY for trying to hide a sexual abuse case doesn't leave FYS's hands clean. Apparently FYS and TSSF had this guy hanging out backstage with them last night. There's a difference between not speaking out and openly celebrating a sex offender and the guy that tried to sweep it under the rug.

Also, I'm sure Buddy and the rest of Senses Fail are disgusted about all of this, but might not be at a place legally to be able to say much. I wouldn't hesitate buying their new album (if I was into them) but I'm definitely going to think twice before I buy anything from FYS or TSSF again.

i frequent both websites, and while I agree, a boycott of all of PNR seems extreme, FYS employing JJR when he was fired from TWY for trying to hide a sexual abuse case doesn't leave FYS's hands clean. Apparently FYS and TSSF had this guy hanging out backstage with them last night. There's a difference between not speaking out and openly celebrating a sex offender and the guy that tried to sweep it under the rug.

Also, I'm sure Buddy and the rest of Senses Fail are disgusted about all of this, but might not be at a place legally to be able to say much. I wouldn't hesitate buying their new album (if I was into them) but I'm definitely going to think twice before I buy anything from FYS or TSSF again.

Who's JJR?

I don't think Set It Off is the band in question. They are on Equal Vision not Pure Noise. I don't think whatever band this is about has kicked the offending member out of the band. Pure Noise should probably just drop whatever band it is.

Edit: just did some googling and it was a dude from some band called No Good News. Fitting band name.

Perfectly said.

I don't think Set It Off is the band in question. They are on Equal Vision not Pure Noise. I don't think whatever band this is about has kicked the offending member out of the band. Pure Noise should probably just drop whatever band it is.

Edit: just did some googling and it was a dude from some band called No Good News. Fitting band name.

Set It Off just kicked a member out after more sexual assault stuff came out