Diiv - Is The Is Are, Coming Fall 2015

im confused how this site works. why even buy a subscription to the site if you can get access to their store and buy whatever you want after the $6 crate charge?

With the crate sub, you don't get the option to buy that month's album of the month (which is always an exclusive pressing, unlike most of the items in the store) until the next/following month.

Yeah it's confusing. Basically the diiv record is part of a few records with each month that get an exclusive color. This is in addition with like 10 other records that are put up for the month that are available everywhere but you can order them and get free shipping saving some extra money.

The record of the month is nada surf I think so you can't get that one with the crate service but you could get it next month - only the people that buy the full subscription get the album of the month.

So DIIV is up for grabs for both the crate peeps and the full on sub people. They only make the store availabile on a certain day and their stock gets cleaned out pretty fast. Think of it like a mondo drop but easier. You should get an email when the store opens.

so does that mean we can still buy the Diiv record, meaning it's notthe record of the month?

Correct, the Diiv record is just an exclusive in this month's store, not the record of the month for February.

Note that any purchases made from the store won't ship until around February 10th when the record of the month ships.

Correct, the Diiv record is just an exclusive in this month's store, not the record of the month for February.

Note that any purchases made from the store won't ship until around February 10th when the record of the month ships.

tight. i'll buy the crate on friday then. thanks for the info

This Crate deal sounds interesting.  Are the records of the month usually available the next month or do they sometimes sell out before they hit the store?

They're usually available the next/following month, if not longer. IIRC at least the last 6 records of the month were available in the store last month.

I enjoy this album enough that I can easily see myself double-dipping (triple-dipping?) and worrying about what I want to keep, down the road. That Newbury variant is definitely slick as hell. Anyone know how long it may stay in stock, if you had to guess?

there are only 500 so probably only a few days. 

The Captured Tracks version is still available though so who knows. I don't knwo how many of the CT version were pressed. 

there are only 500 so probably only a few days. 

The Captured Tracks version is still available though so who knows. I don't knwo how many of the CT version were pressed. 

It would be great if we even knew what we've already purchased from CT...

• The Special Edition 2xLP is limited and it's packaging and vinyl color will be unveiled at a later date. :) (We promise it's cool.)

It would be great if we even knew what we've already purchased from CT...

• The Special Edition 2xLP is limited and it's packaging and vinyl color will be unveiled at a later date. :) (We promise it's cool.)

yeah i sent an email yesterday. no reply yet. when the PO went live on black friday. they said the details would come out in 2 weeks.