[PO] Rosetta - Quintessential Ephemera

So.... not sure how 420-friendly you guys are here, but... being that I partake very seldomly (usually no more than a half-dozen times a year, truthfully) when I get the chance to combine that with music listening, its a special occasion.

Decided to throw this record on. wowwwwwwwww guyyyyyssssss

Dude, "Untitled III" is without question the greatest Rosetta song. I have many other favories (Je Nen Connais Pas or whatever it is, Temet Nocce, etc) but man, this song is fucking leagues ahead of EVERYTHING.

It is utterly perfect "Rosetta".

This album is just utterly tremendous. It keeps blowing the fuck out of my mind the more I listen to it. They've gotten to "their place" the way Isis gets to "that place" but doing it on their own, with their own sound and take on the trippy post-metal journey.

Anyway, just some thoughts. So thankful this album is a thing.

Really? See, I think its because of the maturity of the songwriting on this record that sets it apart so much; the progression and development and depth they've achieved. I love the old records too, but this is unquestionably their best-written work. It's their most mature and professional, in the sense of being good at a craft.

Which is not to say that it's LIGHTYEARS beyond the other records, no. Rather, it's just enough of a step ahead to be noticeably better-written and creative and boundary-pushing than the others.

That said, I think I'm going to spin Wake/Lift right now :P

tFHUvDz.gif

Haha.... yeahhhh. I got a little carried away with that first one, lol. My feelings are still the same though! I was just really surprised and kind of taken aback by how perfectly their sound is suited to that particular.... headspace. What a beautiful thing.

This album is almost perfect, and the vinyl really sounds "huge"...

Never heard any of their previous stuff...where should I start?

Get any headway on any of the other albums yet man?

Haha.... yeahhhh. I got a little carried away with that first one, lol. My feelings are still the same though! I was just really surprised and kind of taken aback by how perfectly their sound is suited to that particular.... headspace. What a beautiful thing.

Get any headway on any of the other albums yet man?

I listened to The Galilean Satellites and liked it. A LOT. I don't know why I never gave a shit about this band before...shame on me.

I listened to The Galilean Satellites and liked it. A LOT. I don't know why I never gave a shit about this band before...shame on me.

Right? Haha, yeah man.... once you finally "get it", there is absolutely no going back with these guys. They're just so heavy and sublime.

I'd recommend just going in order now, and check out Wake/Lift next. Its a much different animal than TGS, with much more developed songwriting and composition.

Also, you should check out the album "Salvation" by Cult of Luna and "Noir" by Callisto if you like this stuff.

Right? Haha, yeah man.... once you finally "get it", there is absolutely no going back with these guys. They're just so heavy and sublime.

I'd recommend just going in order now, and check out Wake/Lift next. Its a much different animal than TGS, with much more developed songwriting and composition.

Also, you should check out the album "Salvation" by Cult of Luna and "Noir" by Callisto if you like this stuff.

I surely will, thanks a lot!

I personally think "somewhere along the highway" "eternal kingdom" and "vertikal" are superior to salvation by Cult of Luna. They are all great but my favorites are the others

Dude, "Untitled III" is without question the greatest Rosetta song. I have many other favories (Je Nen Connais Pas or whatever it is, Temet Nocce, etc) but man, this song is fucking leagues ahead of EVERYTHING.

It is utterly perfect "Rosetta".

I totally agree with you on this song. I have so many favorites but this one has risen to the top.

eBay seller has Flies to Flame new for just under 14 ppd:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROSETTA-FLIES-TO-FLAME-VINYL-/121727101929?hash=item1c57802be9

Shit, that's a fucking steal. That EP is brilliant stuff.

I personally think "somewhere along the highway" "eternal kingdom" and "vertikal" are superior to salvation by Cult of Luna. They are all great but my favorites are the others

Somewhere Along The Highway is up there too, and it has my 2nd favorite track by them (Finland) and Eternal Kingdom has also risen fast to the top of the list (that album is next on my to-buy list). Vertikal still hasn't snagged me, maybe I'll spin that later tonight when I go to bed.

I'm just pissed they cut out the intro to "Echoes" when they play it live. What weaksauce that is.

I totally agree with you on this song. I have so many favorites but this one has risen to the top.

Fucking RIGHT?!?!?! At first, my favorite track was Untitled V (the one with the "made out of nothing..." chorus) but this track... man, "Untitled III" is just the fucking peak. Unreal songwriting.

Listening to Vertikal now, and this has some great songs. Very good album, very good. But I still think Salvation still has that x-factor over this. The music is very different; they kind of streamlined themselves into more simple, straightforward and crushing groove writing. Salvation is a little more sprawling and psychedelic.

Listening to Vertikal now, and this has some great songs. Very good album, very good. But I still think Salvation still has that x-factor over this. The music is very different; they kind of streamlined themselves into more simple, straightforward and crushing groove writing. Salvation is a little more sprawling and psychedelic.

you have listened to Eternal Kingdom right? That one is closer to Salvation in that factor. 

So I was listening to Somewhere Along The Highway again the other day, and that mayyyyy be my new favorite. Salvation still has a special place in my heart because of "Echoes" but SOTH might be a better overall album. Finland and Dim are my favorites. Although I realize I have been listening to a sped-up version.... which I kind of like better than the real edition, haha

• 1 month later...