[PO] Rosetta - Quintessential Ephemera

Come on guys... The album has been released and not a single post all day. Thoughts?

I'm still not too sure about the clean vocals, they just didn't feel right in some songs but in others they worked extremely well. Between Untitled VII and the three instrumental tracks, it has been another fairly enjoyable Rosetta album.

Jesus fucking Christ.... Discogs can be SO annoying sometimes.

Vinyl copies of Wake/Lift and A Determinism of Morality were available... fucking test presses and all. Some dude nbraden303.

2nd time A Determinism of Morality has gone up in the last few days and I've missed out.

Do some people literally just sit on that site all day? It's crazy how fast these things fly once they're listed in my Want List.

There's a $250 copy of Wake/Lift still available. As much as I want that record, no thank you.

Listening to Quintessential Ephemera for my 2nd time today.... this album kills!!!!

I've only had a listen to it a couple of times. I really like it. I think if you give me a couple more weeks I'll like it more. Even the clean vocals are growing on me (at first I thought they were used to much on this record). One song, his voice sounds a bit strained, makes me wonder how much longer he can keep it up. 

I PM'd the guy... gotta run out to play some tennis now. I hope I'm the first, I want that album right effing now.

Also, I just got my copy of Flies To Flame in the mail.... and the band ignored my instructions to ship the record outside the jacket. So now there's a gigantic seamsplit across the top.

GRRRR. They even printed out the order, WITH MY INSTRUCTIONS, and included it in the box.

Aggravating.

I PM'd the guy... gotta run out to play some tennis now. I hope I'm the first, I want that album right effing now.

Also, I just got my copy of Flies To Flame in the mail.... and the band ignored my instructions to ship the record outside the jacket. So now there's a gigantic seamsplit across the top.

GRRRR. They even printed out the order, WITH MY INSTRUCTIONS, and included it in the box.

Aggravating.

You mean the label.

And you missed the mess when it was first released, a bunch of us had to exchange it TWICE because wrong variants were sent.

lol really?

I thought it was the band themselves because I bought it from their bandcamp page or wherever, not Translation Loss' page.

In any event, that EP is SO amazingly awesome.

I was on the fence for so long about getting it, because the music didn't grab me too much while listening on my computer.

But I played the CD today in my car, and I'm pretty sure I'm already onto my 3rd play-through of the whole thing. It's just amazing.

Going to spin the vinyl tomorrow morning. can't wait!

AND I CANT WAIT FOR MY VINYL COPY OF WAKE/LIFT TO GET HERE AHHHH OMG

So, can anybody comment on their copy of "Flies To Flame"?

I got the /700 yellow, and it sounds like fucking trash.

Are you copies like this? Super noisy and very kind of gritty sounding?

I'm wondering if I should seek out the green /300 press for better fidelity.

Because honestly, the CD ***destroys*** this green record in terms of sound.