[PO] Rosetta - Quintessential Ephemera

You are right. Rosetta is one of the top tier names in sludge, or metal in general for that matter over the last decade, tho more so on the east coast US. The Galilean Satellites from 2015 is one of the all time greats.

Galilean Satellites was 2005.

Still waiting for someone to let loose with any copy of "A Determinism of Morality" and "Wake/Lift"... grrrrrr

• 3 weeks later...

New track. Still on the fence, hope these clean vocals are only on a few songs.

http://arcticdrones.com/exclusives/rosetta-song-premiere-and-interview/

Thanks for posting!

Untitled I is also fantastic, but really different than V! Armine's vocals dominate the front end majority of yet another 7 minute®, and the transition to the clean towards the end is just seamless. The music in this one feels different from The Anaesthete already and the interview delves into it. Matt is well-spoken and gets to the point.

Even more exciting is 3 of the 9 tracks are instrumental, and I didn't realize that Matt was such a big Oceansize fan, as well as Drone.

First whoever said the anaesthete sucked needs to go re listen to it. Also its vinyl packaging is absolutely amazing

I actually don't like the Anaesthete at all, really. I've tried multiple times, and nothing grabs me.

To me, when I listen to that album, the band sounds uninspired and tired.... the music is very simple and basic and it sounds to me like they were out of ideas, and just didn't really have a vision of the music.

Compare that with A Determinism of Morality and Wake/Life where the music has so many more parts, and even these new tracks... they sound creative, and inspired, and excited by the music.

The Anaesthete just sounds lacking in the creative fire department. It sounds like they're bored.

This new shit, though.... wow. Also made me check out City of Ghosts. I've only heard their song "Alarm" but if that track is anything to go by, I have a new group to obsess over haha

I actually don't like the Anaesthete at all, really. I've tried multiple times, and nothing grabs me.

To me, when I listen to that album, the band sounds uninspired and tired.... the music is very simple and basic and it sounds to me like they were out of ideas, and just didn't really have a vision of the music.

Compare that with A Determinism of Morality and Wake/Life where the music has so many more parts, and even these new tracks... they sound creative, and inspired, and excited by the music.

The Anaesthete just sounds lacking in the creative fire department. It sounds like they're bored.

This new shit, though.... wow. Also made me check out City of Ghosts. I've only heard their song "Alarm" but if that track is anything to go by, I have a new group to obsess over haha

I can never get sick of this song.

I think we can all agree The Anaesthete was that album you had to love and hate at the same time. It will never amount to their previous releases, but it is still Rosetta.

I guess people got overly caught up on the artwork rather than trying to dissect the overly emotional ride that the album is. It makes it easier to listen to when you attribute the overall dark-tone of the album to the difficulty the band faced at the time. While yes, it may be structurally monotonous to some, the genre-infused tracklist keeps the listener on his toes and doesn't let up. Also, I think we can all agree that BJ's drumming is always a delight.

Recently, I listened to each studio release including Flies to Flame from start to finish and came to the conclusion that they had to die in order to be born again. Although I doubt any future release will ever top The Galilean Satellites for me anyways, it will be interesting to see what path they take from here.

This track is the greatest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC-kbk5O9gI

Okay, a few things to address.

First, you guys NEED to check band/album out, right now. If you like Rosetta/Isis, this will hit that spot so sweetly.

North - What You Were

https://galacticdads.bandcamp.com/album/what-you-were

Please check this out.

You can stream the album there, but better yet.... just buy the vinyl. These guys are blowing me away. Just beautiful, brutal heavy artful music.

Second, I was talking to Translation Loss on facebook the other day and they are actually going to be repressing The Galilean Satellites, Wake/Lift, and A Determinism of Morality on vinyl over the next couple years.

It's going to take a while, but it will happen. Which is fucking awesome, because its lame that they're so few copies of these albums around for vinyl people to listen to.

Second, I was talking to Translation Loss on facebook the other day and they are actually going to be repressing The Galilean Satellites, Wake/Lift, and A Determinism of Morality on vinyl over the next couple years.

It's going to take a while, but it will happen. Which is fucking awesome, because its lame that they're so few copies of these albums around for vinyl people to listen to.

That's fantastic news.  I really want Satellites, but I don't mind waiting another year or two for a repress.

Curses! I just bought Wake/Lift last night.

How/where?!?!

I'll buy your copy.

Also, don't feel bad. I bought "Red Forest" by If These Trees Could Talk for $75 about a week and a half before they announced the repress from them having just signed to Metal Blade. My original press sounds a little better than the new ones, but still... basically wasted $55 there haha.