[PO] Rosetta - Quintessential Ephemera

Mine came today as well, really nice looking record. Loving the cloudy transparency. Will spin it later!

EDIT: Added all pressings on discogs too.

Unrelated but I really like the format and aesthetic you've got going on with your avatar and signature.  I know you've had that avatar for a while, but is everything else new?

On topic – I still need to listen to this record.

Wow. That works insanely well with the artwork.

*confession time*

As a teenager getting into post-rock and post-metal I never went past two tracks of theirs I frequented Au Pays Natal/Sol and Wake. Really want to get back more into post-rock. Used to love all the regulars, EITS, ITTCT, TWDY, RC, Mogwai, Jakob, (still find all those enjoyable), Caspian, Red Sparowes and what have you but never gave the post-metal spectrum, (including Isis, :o !!! my biggest sin, I know) much of a listen. I've just been on a long-lasting doom/drone/sludge/stoner/pscych binge lately that doesn't seem to stop and am finding it very difficult to flick back the switch.

Slightly regretting the fact that I didn't keep listening to all that I used to love on the side. Guess I just completely filled my 'instrumental, crescendo-y, refined' music cup and needed a bit more chaos in my life. All the post-rock LPs I've amassed are just collecting dust now though, which is a shame. Here's a promise to myself - by the end of today I'll be spinning Young Mountain again. :ph34r:

Luckily, I reckon it's inevitable to get back into it with Caspian and Explosions both coming out with new albums this year, + those Jakob represses. This thread made me want to give Rosetta a listen again though. Wake/Lift is more than sludgy so that helps.

*Damn. Wake/Lift is totally immersive.

Unrelated but I really like the format and aesthetic you've got going on with your avatar and signature.  I know you've had that avatar for a while, but is everything else new?

On topic – I still need to listen to this record.

Thanks man, appreciate it ^_^  Yea everything else is new. After I finally fully updated my discogs and df the other day, I decided to finally add a sig!

OT: Can't wait for the UK press to ship too; got the hunter green from them, should look great with the artwork as well!

Wow. That works insanely well with the artwork.

*confession time*

As a teenager getting into post-rock and post-metal I never went past two tracks of theirs I frequented Au Pays Natal/Sol and Wake. Really want to get back more into post-rock. Used to love all the regulars, EITS, ITTCT, TWDY, RC, Mogwai, Jakob, (still find all those enjoyable), Caspian, Red Sparowes and what have you but never gave the post-metal spectrum, (including Isis, :o !!! my biggest sin, I know) much of a listen. I've just been on a long-lasting doom/drone/sludge/stoner/pscych binge lately that doesn't seem to stop and am finding it very difficult to flick back the switch.

Slightly regretting the fact that I didn't keep listening to all that I used to love on the side. Guess I just completely filled my 'instrumental, crescendo-y, refined' music cup and needed a bit more chaos in my life. All the post-rock LPs I've amassed are just collecting dust now though, which is a shame. Here's a promise to myself - by the end of today I'll be spinning Young Mountain again. :ph34r:

Luckily, I reckon it's inevitable to get back into it with Caspian and Explosions both coming out with new albums this year, + those Jakob represses. This thread made me want to give Rosetta a listen again though. Wake/Lift is more than sludgy so that helps.

*Damn. Wake/Lift is totally immersive.

Dude. You NEED to get on with familiarizing yourself with Isis' catalog.

Just start at the beginning, and work forward, so you can experience the change. I'm glad I was exposed to them early on, in the Celestial era (right when Napster was getting big!)

The sludgiest, heaviest stuff EVER. Start with the Mosquito Control EP. "Hive Destruction" and "Life Under The Swatter", man.

The bridge groove in this song is SO infectious.

and then they became something that could give birth to this beautiful thing:

Dude. You NEED to get on with familiarizing yourself with Isis' catalog.

So much this, right here.

Earlier stuff is sludgier and doomier than the later stuff – which I absolutely adore, and hail as some of the best post-metal of all time – so it should be right up your alley, either way.  It's never too late to explore Isis.

From the Golden Antenna Records facebook page:

RELEASE: Today marks the official release date of Rosetta "Quintessential Ephemera". CD is available and shipping. 2xLP is set to be shipped on 22nd July.The band will be on EU tour this July. Please check the dates below!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=996561350389163&id=117417358303571

Spinning my copy right now!

This sounds awesome. This material is incredible, too. I can't wait to see them play all of this stuff on Sunday.

The 2nd half of the record is my favorite... from Untitled V onward. Those last 4 songs are just.... tremendous.

I actually never even got around to that collaboration, as shameful as it is to admit.  Guess I ought to remedy that.

Dude. Not cool. Get on that, RIGHT NOW. "Low Tide" is more than transcendental.

Our oldest and his gf drove to Baltimore for the opener tonight - they are on right now...

so, I was stuck home cleaning ultrafine grit off A/B disc (not even a Haze, reminiscent of recent ISIS RP's by RE - Oceanic and Panopticon Translucent vinyl - one disc of each had really fine grit).  Was only moderately successful in keeping surface noise down, but the damage was probably already done upon arrival. C/D sounds great.   Glad I ordered the Euro press, too, fingers crossed it turns out OK.

I was there too! I actually cried a little during Nothing In the Guise of Something. Amazing. I was the dude with the long hair and Morbid Angel shirt on..... What were you wearing?

short dude with Mammifer shirt.

was next to the dude who sang the song note for note in the middle of the show.