PO: Anberlin - Cities And Never Take Friendship Personal: Live In New York City

NTFP live just came out a few weeks ago.  Interesting they plan to release the live Cities album via what appears to be a double vinyl with NTFP live.  I'll buy it.  

Also, I know they've indicated they're working on a vinyl box set but who knows if that'll actually come to fruition.  I sure hope it does but I think there's a lot of things behind the scenes that need to line up to make it all happen.  

Bands do this alot when they can't secure the rights to albums. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it's possible that those recordings are in legal limbo and this is their solution to at least get the songs on wax in people's hands.

Good point. Or a band like Sunny Day put out a live album to fulfill their contract.

Bands do this alot when they can't secure the rights to albums. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it's possible that those recordings are in legal limbo and this is their solution to at least get the songs on wax in people's hands.

This is what I'm concerned about--the band comes out and says "YEAH! We're working on a box set!!" and what that really means is "We have no control over whether it happens so we're hoping those who do have control are able to get the rights to those albums so they can be pressed...but we're really not sure it's going to happen because T&N sold those rights to a major label, so buy these live albums instead."  

Good point. Or a band like Sunny Day put out a live album to fulfill their contract.

Probably less the case with Anberlin- they released their last album with T&N and it was their choice..highly doubt they're "locked" into a contract they're trying to get out of with the release of this.  

As stated above... I have this feeling that this is their solution to releasing these albums on vinyl. T&N has done a lot of crap but their greatest sin was selling their back catalog. Sucks because Cities was a favorite of mine for a while. I'm not a fan of live recordings. 

Yeah, for the fans, that's the worst thing they have done. For their pockets, I'm not too sure.

Also, I wonder what Capitol is going to do with all the albums, if they're not gonna release them?

T&N only retained the rights to August Burns Red and Demon Hunter, sold the rest to EMI/Capitol who have no plans of licensing out for vinyl deals.  So unless someone can convince EMI they'll make money off of re-issuing Anberlin albums--most likely via an expensive box set, I think we could be left with the live album releases for Cities and NTFP.  

Not to be negative or anything but the Cities vinyl was available through T&N's store for at least a year, maybe closer to two years (priced at $14.99) with 1,000 copies pressed...and it took a long time for it to sell.  Someone at EMI/Capitol has that data and I bet it doesn't make Anberlin vinyl reissues look very attractive.  Just putting that out there.  

T&N only retained the rights to August Burns Red and Demon Hunter, sold the rest to EMI/Capitol who have no plans of licensing out for vinyl deals.  So unless someone can convince EMI they'll make money off of re-issuing Anberlin albums--most likely via an expensive box set, I think we could be left with the live album releases for Cities and NTFP.  

Not to be negative or anything but the Cities vinyl was available through T&N's store for at least a year, maybe closer to two years (priced at $14.99) with 1,000 copies pressed...and it took a long time for it to sell.  Someone at EMI/Capitol has that data and I bet it doesn't make Anberlin vinyl reissues look very attractive.  Just putting that out there.  

I know Joy Electric managed to get Melody Pressed but Plastiq Musiq said on facebook that Capital charged them a lot of money to let it happen.Several other bands made some progress and then Capital just dropped communication with them (mwY and I think Showbread). I guess this gets discussed every t$n band thread so I won't beat a dead horse.

How does this new pricing information cause you anxiety about the length of this album?  Are you assuming that because it's $30 that means it'll be an expensive 2xLP?  

I assumed these would be pretty long recordings, but after checking - it looks to be about 45 minutes each, so I guess they are gonna cram them on 2LPs.