PO: Coheed & Cambria - The Color Before the Sun

I know people say Coheed fans are dicks but I have only ever had a bad experience with Deftones fans. Well, Chino fans. Crosses and Deftones, if I wasnt in the pit area from the beginning and I'd try to go closer theres a high chance I'm gonna get hit. I even ask nicely if I could get past people to go into the pit and they just look at me and say "No, fuck off." Even when theres nobody right in front of them. I've been hit in the back of the head by people as Im moving through the crowd. I'm not a big guy, and I dont shove people. I kind of just squeeze in as the crowd shifts. Anyway... Coheed concerts have never been an issue with me as far as fans go.

Part of that is that other people got down there and got their position, you're trying to squeeze in and interrupting their concert experience.

Personally, I like a little space between me and the person in front of me, so when some asshole tries to squeeze in that tiny spot, of course I don't let them. That said, I stay to the back/middle where it doesn't have to be so tight, but somebody ramming through to get to the front for the only song they know for whatever band drives me crazy.

Coheed super fans are more just annoying with their oneupsmanship than anything.

Part of that is that other people got down there and got their position, you're trying to squeeze in and interrupting their concert experience.

Personally, I like a little space between me and the person in front of me, so when some asshole tries to squeeze in that tiny spot, of course I don't let them. That said, I stay to the back/middle where it doesn't have to be so tight, but somebody ramming through to get to the front for the only song they know for whatever band drives me crazy.

Coheed super fans are more just annoying with their oneupsmanship than anything.

No it will be the people on the outskirts. Once I get to the actual crowd its all good because nobody cares. They're all pushing and moving anyway. And me moving into the huge crowd of people they would only see me for like 15 seconds and then me being in the crowd would have no affect on where theyre standing. I guess its kind of hard to explain, but at least I ask nicely. Generally people are awesome as hell. I'll be at a Circa show and everyone is more than happy to let me by. Some people have even helped me get through to the pit by telling other people to let me by. For the Thrice farewell tour I had a group of like 15 people that all decided to join me in my quest to the front.

Can anyone who preordered the CD let me know if there is any super special bundles up for the new shows?

Or is it just regular preorder (which I can do anyways.)?

Today we announced 5 tour dates. They go on sale Friday via Ticketmaster, but you can get them now with a reduced service fee.

I'm one of the biggest coheed fans but like to think I'm a little self aware since I go to shows all the time for other bands as well...

Coheed fans are terrible for sure. I saw a girl crowd surfing during Basement (who were awesome by the way) and a coheed fan PULLED HER HAIR FOR NO FUCKING REASON as the security guard was pulling her over the rail. Keep in mind he is there to watch a band that doesn't play for another 5 HOURS. I hate that it's that way, but seriously, if you're a coheed fan reading this, stop being douchebags at shows. It isn't that hard.

I would've confronted the guy, but I honestly didn't want to risk getting kicked out of the festival for fighting him... Maybe that was selfish of me, but that was where I was at.

Anyway, the whole wrecking ball fest was awesome, and coheed was the icing on the cake.

I know some of you have PROBABLY seen the video of Claudio stopping Vic The Butcher mid-song in St. Pete and absolutely flipping the fuck out about a fight going on during the show. Well, one of the guys was a friend of mine. Now mind you, he was actually trying to help. There was a BTBAM fan, swinging wildly during Coheed's set, and hitting these young girls in front of him (I know the girls too, very nice people, didn't provoke or anything).

My friend did what he could to stop him from hitting these girls, got a few good shots in, but got bit on the hand as well, which is just fucking stupid. They both got kicked out, and the perp ran off so he never got in any trouble, and my friend got back in the show, thankfully (his uncle ran the security for that show). It's not always Coheed fans that give bands a bad name, but yes, most Coheed fans I've seen at shows in the last few years have gotten worse and worse with their collection(DICK) measuring contests.