GoHastings 40% Off Used Vinyl

These sales are typically good for used blu rays especially. Though it looks like they jacked up prices on all used stuff so its not really a "deal"

Just looked at the price on something i bought from the sale last month. Went from 5 to 10 bucks for no reason. Take 30% off that and still more than the used price a month ago. Way to go go hastings...

Does anyone have experience with the grade/quality of GoHastings's used LPs?

Every one that has been labelled "bent corner" and the like have been in fairly good condition.  Never in such terrible condition to warrant a return, and usually the prices are well worth it.

I once got a record labelled "sleeve damage" that had a long cut across the back of the jacket, like someone got a little too happy with a box cutter opening the packages, but it was worth the nearly 50% off.

Why is it that every time I go to go Hastings site they have band of horses - infinite arms for $200+?? I don't understand. Not listed as anything special about it, nor do I recall a limited edition pressing of this. Am I reading this wrong?

There was a "limited edition" box set for like $40. Which you can still find on BoH's website. So I have no idea why it'd be $200. There was the OG pressing, a reissue, and the box. All of which were relatively standard releases. Hmph. :huh:

Well, I bought the Fever Ray used LP for $8.70.

The surface looks like a thrift store records' surface.  Scuffs and long lines across the record.  Sound-wise, there are loud continuous pops and crackles that overpower the music throughout the entire first two tracks so far.

This is OOP and goes for an average of $30 in VG+/new condition, so I dunno if it's worth having a crackly ass copy for under $10.  We'll see if a ghetto cleaning helps.

In another interesting turn of events, I just noticed that there is a Hastings price sticker on the LP that says $4.99 regular price.

So, 40% off the posted online price was still about 70% higher than the normal price for the item in store.  Anyone else ever pay this large of a markup for an online item through GoHastings?

Well, I bought the Fever Ray used LP for $8.70.

The surface looks like a thrift store records' surface. Scuffs and long lines across the record. Sound-wise, there are loud continuous pops and crackles that overpower the music throughout the entire first two tracks so far.

This is OOP and goes for an average of $30 in VG+/new condition, so I dunno if it's worth having a crackly ass copy for under $10. We'll see if a ghetto cleaning helps.

It's actually on amazon for sub 20 brand new