PO: BR/DGES "Love and Hate" 7" + Bundle (Kenny from Moneen)

BR_DGES_LOVEANDHATE-1600x1600-RGB_1024x1

Dine Alone Records is excited to announce the release of Love and Hate by BR/DGES. The 2-song EP from Kenny Bridges - known as lead vocalist and guitarist of beloved Brampton four-piece Moneen - will be available to purchase both digitally and as a 7” vinyl on August 7.  The 7” vinyl is now available to pre-order here.

In advance of the release, Exclaim! is currently streaming Love and Hate. To listen to the EP, visit: http://exclaim.ca/Music/article/brdges-love_hate_ep_stream

Coming from a much darker and quieter side, the songs featured on Love and Hate are the first recordings Bridges has released since Moneen’s 2010 album The World I Want To Leave Behind. Inspired by the things closest to his heart, Love and Hate is a deeply personal EP. “Save The Best’ is about how perfect my wife is for me, and how she’s backed me all these years,” says Bridges when asked about the lyrical content.  While “What Are You Waiting For?” is about how Bridges had to confront his own demons getting in the way of creating music. “I went from writing and playing songs for years to feeling like nothing was good enough. That’s a dark place to be creatively.”

Outside of running his home-based studio, Bridges is excited to be hitting the road with his longtime band mates Moneen. Known for their explosive live shows and trademark melee of influences ranging from pop to punk to rock, Moneen’s last LP release party at The Legendary Horseshoe Tavern, had fans lined up around the block to catch a glimpse of the quartet’s blistering set. The show was described by CityNews as, “an epic night to be remembered by the lucky ones who actually made it inside.” The band’s 2008 live CD/DVD It All Started With A Red Stripe was also nominated for Music DVD of the Year at the 2009 Juno Awards.

Moneen will perform two special shows at Heavy Montreal, August 7 and Riot Fest Toronto, September 19.

BUY 7" - $7 http://dinealone10.myshopify.com/collections/br-dges/products/love-and-hate-ep-7

BUY 7" + Shirt - $20 http://dinealone10.myshopify.com/collections/br-dges/products/br-dges-7-t-shirt-bundle

BUY Shirt - $15 http://dinealone10.myshopify.com/collections/br-dges/products/br-dges-t-shirt

Gonna order this in a sec. Gotta agree, Kenny is one of the nicest dudes! Met him with Moneen and also when he's tech'd for AOF and C&C.

Really hoping this reunion isn't temporary and .M. Hit the UK again soon!

...Justin, it says shipping date tbc on the site...are these not on hand, along with the bundle variant?

I'm in Toronto five weeks from now - who's the local indie store that stocks Dine Alone releases?

You're probably better off ordering it from Dine Alone and choosing "local pick up" instead. It's free and I can't imaging it being an issue, but maybe get in touch with the label.

Edited to add: looks like the August 7th release date for this that Kenny posted was for the digital release. I'm sceptical that this will be ready for physical release by the time you're in Toronto.

I'm in Toronto five weeks from now - who's the local indie store that stocks Dine Alone releases?

Usually the major releases will be well stocked. Here are some of my favourite stores in the city - you can probably call them to see about reserving a copy of need be:

June Records

Sonic Boom

Rotate This

Kops Records

Gonna order this in a sec. Gotta agree, Kenny is one of the nicest dudes! Met him with Moneen and also when he's tech'd for AOF and C&C.

Really hoping this reunion isn't temporary and .M. Hit the UK again soon!

...Justin, it says shipping date tbc on the site...are these not on hand, along with the bundle variant?

the bundle variant was a signed, hand stamped black test pressings. 

Totally offtopic, but Kenny is the most humble and friendly frontman i had the privilige to meet and talk to. I miss moneen.

I completely agree I hung out with Moneen for quite awhile. Helped them load up their equiptment and everything such awesome guys seen them play twice amazing both times.

• 1 month later...

Just picked up my copy from the Dine Alone office this afternoon. Sounds great as I expected and the gold marble is very cool, though both sides have a super tight lead in from edge to start of the track. Could just be my copy - but I've got to be super precise in dropping the needle or it'll drop off the outside edge of the record.

I'm hoping more stuff from Kenny makes it to physical media soon!

• 2 weeks later...