PO Soon: As Cities Burn - Come Now Sleep

mitch5643

Hey nothing wrong with love and searching for something to make sense in this world. These topics have been covered in music forever by some of the most well known bands of all time.

Oh for sure. They definitely specifically reference God and Jesus though. Just pointing out that it isn't as secular as some of you seem to believe.

It is most definitely not secular, I don't know how anyone could get that impression. An album can bring up religion a lot and not be Christ-y. It's more of a backdrop for how the pain is conceptualized. It's extremely not positive and the message it drives home isn't really all about God. I've read the lyrics and listened to this a ton, but that doesn't necessarily make my interpretation more or less valid, just means I've taken it in different ways. But I really strongly don't believe the takeaway message of the record is about God's love given how bleak it is.

My position is that if I can be an Athiest and still listen to Bach and all the other hyper religious classical music, then I'm pretty sure ASB will be manageable.  Good art can stand on its own without the need to be able to directly relate to its pragmatic or ideological language.  We can connect to it in other ways.

My position is that if I can be an Athiest and still listen to Bach and all the other hyper religious classical music, then I'm pretty sure ASB will be manageable.  Good art can stand on its own without the need to be able to directly relate to its pragmatic or ideological language.  We can connect to it in other ways.

I hear that. I'd like to say in case I haven't yet that I'm not trying to discourage people from listening to this because it's religious...I'm just backing up homeboy who said he couldn't handle listening to it because of the religious content of the songs, then everyone started trying to act like these songs weren't straight up youth group songs. This is exactly the kind of thing I grew up around in church, so maybe I'm better at reading between the lines of what they're saying (it's not even really between the lines) but it definitely has very heavy pro-Christian lyrics. Even the part where someone said "they're saying it mockingly," that's because they're referring to themselves at that point.

It's whatever. Clearly people have their ideas about what this album is about and the tone of it. Listen if you like it, don't if you don't. It doesn't really hold up for me anyway, so I don't have much of a dog in this.

Sweeeeeet. I'm excited!

Forgot to mention it isn't sealed, and I had huge splits on the inner sleeves, but the gatefold spine was fine. The inners are plain paper, so that's not biggie. I'm totally okay with what I spent on this now, with the priority shipping and quality of the record.

was expecting my copy to have a seam split or two with it not being sealed but it actually came out just fine. Looks really nice.

Now if I could just get my hands on a copy of SILYAYD for a decent price. Hoping for a HOHW pressing soon too maybe.

I think someone said next year for HOHW.

mine says out for delivery today. definitely fingers crossed for no splits, can't believe this is being shipped with no protection around it. for that price, a poly bag couldn't happen?!

Seriously, I don't get it. Even one of those cheap, super thin ones that rip the first time you put the jacket back in would have sufficed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mine just showed up - luckily no splits - happy to finally have a copy of my all-time favorite record.

Tempted to design an insert for this and offer it up for cost+shipping to anyone that wants it, or just provide the file you could then go print out yourself at kinkos.  If anyone may be interested in this, let me know!

Mine just showed up - luckily no splits - happy to finally have a copy of my all-time favorite record.

Tempted to design an insert for this and offer it up for cost+shipping to anyone that wants it, or just provide the file you could then go print out yourself at kinkos.  If anyone may be interested in this, let me know!

100% interested and totally able to toss any money for materials your way.