PO Soon: As Cities Burn - Come Now Sleep

mitch5643

Mine just showed up - luckily no splits - happy to finally have a copy of my all-time favorite record.

Tempted to design an insert for this and offer it up for cost+shipping to anyone that wants it, or just provide the file you could then go print out yourself at kinkos. If anyone may be interested in this, let me know!

Definitely interested.

I'm actually not that pissed about the split sleeves because it got me to order 100 diskeepers haha. Gonna work my way to using them in the entire collection.

Mine came absolutely perfect not a single scratch or ding. No seem split or anything and came unwarapped also. Must have been protected by the love of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Glory glorious! Halahuja

btw, Cody also wrote (most of?) the lyrics for SILYAYD so I suggest you don't read them if you like that album haha

Edit: also got mine and was like wtf when I opened it to see no protection. No dings or splits though so that's tight. 

Alright, so I had some thoughts on a simple insert that I could provide the files for, and you could print out anywhere you like for less than $2.

I was thinking something that is a standard 11x17" GLOSS PAPER that you would fold in half.  File would be printed in black and white to stay on theme, and keep costs down.

One side has all of the lyrics, and the very important dedication to Timothy Jordan II that is SOMEHOW LEFT OUT of this.  (unreal)

The other side is a take on the tunnel pic inside the original liner notes, and used for the album art from "The EP" - this is not the same tunnel, but just an idea inspired from that.  It then features the line from the end of Timothy - "Take me back to where I was before I was born."

Since anywhere you take this to for printing would not be able to do full bleed, I kept everything with a white background, and textures that do not bleed over the edge.  Nothing would have to be fit to page, nothing would have awkward print lines around the edges, and as I said before, cheap, easy, and sharp.

General look at both sides:

y8zwIYE.jpg

This would be the lyric side:

wU8ufxA.jpg

Here's closer detail:

yHdCHvn.jpg

Here's the tunnel side:

iTkNLKY.jpg

and closer detail:

K0LpQFZ.jpg

NOTHING is used from the original layout, nothing is stolen from the original artist.  Since I would just be providing the print files needed to print this, there would be no money exchanging hands, so I can't imagine this being anything that would get anyone in trouble, just something to enhance a product alot of us care about so much.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions / recommendations / better ideas!