Every been in a fight?

So, every been in a fight? I'm not one to glorify violence but I always find the answer interesting. It tends to break fairly evenly between "no, never" and "Every other day". There are a few people who fall in between (myself included) who have had a single altercation but it seems to be either all or nothing.

I was actually leaving a bar with a friend, when my buddy bumped into this guy. The guy starting yelling at my friend. I got in between them and told my buddy to leave. He leaves. The guy then turns to me and starts yelling at me. Long story short, he punches me. Before I can swing back a dozen people are between us pulling my out the door...I'm a puss.

For some reason, I don't like this thread, like it's gonna turn into a bro thread or something.

sometimes fists solve situations that words cant. if thats a "bro" thing then whatever. i'll always try to resolve issues without resorting to violence, but sometimes it takes a beating for some people to get the message.

Never had a fight myself, but I do recall last year at my school, two "ethnic" kids got into a fight, but mid-fight, they stopped so one could tie his shoe, then continued fighting.

That's awesome!

I remember when I was a kid you would stop fights. I had a terrible feud with my older brother and one day, in grade school, we fought every recess and lunch. We would walk out to the grass field and just go at it, but the minute the bell rung we stopped and went to class.

There was a bro-wigger at a party i was at a few weeks ago confronting all my friends and saying shit like, "I a boxer, I can beat the shit out of anyone here" and various other brilliant comments like that. So I called him a faggot(no disrespect to any gay/bi/lesbian readers) to which he responded by spinning around and pushing my pacifist friend john into a bush. Then I had to choke him and throw him to the ground wherein he realized not only was I on top of it, but 4 of my friends already had my back and were ready to go. That's been my most recent violence experience.

Normally, all my friends back home are really aggressive or just stupid and start fights when there is really no need(like someone throwing a beer can at one of my friends girlfriends foot) and since i'm a bigger guy, I end up pulling people off other people and getting in there face and talking them down. But if the need be, I'll put up my fisticuffs.

i havent been in a fight in 10-12 years, but almost got into one a few weeks ago when some drunk tough guy ran into me at the bar. he ran into me, spilling my drink all over the place and asked why i did that. He then turned to his buddy and said "Im gonna kill this kid, you wanna?" and basically the kid told him to keep moving. I wasnt too worried, even though he was a big guy i was with 4-5 friends from the local tattoo shop that are pretty crazy lookin and they would destroyed those kids.

Im probably the last person to start a fight.

I got seven shades of shit kicked out of me by 8 guys the day before my 18th birthday, jumped me from behind and I spent 3 days in hospital, all because my hair looked a bit 'ginger' at the time.

Worst part is they got away with it because the CCTV apprently showed me landing a punch on one of them mid brawl so the cops said I deserved it. When in actual fact I was sucker punched from behind, which spun me round and went straight down so they could kick me

I train in brazilian jiu-jitsu, boxing, and kickboxing, so I fight often in controlled environments. I've only been in one or two scraps on the streets and I do all I can to avoid them. I mean I'm pretty sure I can hold my own against most people, but that's until he pulls out a knife, or a gun, or his buddy steps in, and I just have too much good stuff going on in my life to lose it in a pissing contest.

I've never been in a fight, but I can recall punching some kid in the face in a bathroom in elementary school. He just fell down and starting crying so it wasn't really a fight.

The benefit of being a big, tall guy is that no one ever picks fights with you because they think you'd crush them. Thus, I've never really thrown a punch in my entire life, except maybe once or twice at my older brother. I won't hesitate to break up fights or get in peoples' faces, though, just because nothing ever happens.

I am not a fighter at all, but my freshman year of college these dudes kept showing up at my friends house and picking a fight with me and one other kid. I didn't really have to do much because every time they started shit 10 people would jump on them. It finally ended with a kid from the football team running down there car and smashing a beer bottle in one of their faces while they were driving away. They never messed with us again after we brought half the akron u football team to a party. To this day I still don't know why they started shit with us, I can only think is we told them not to drive when they were wasted.

i havent been in a fight since grade school, basically because either a) they realize im pretty much the size of a VW beatle with legs, or B) someone starts shit and before i can even react an overzealous friend beats the piss out of the guy. (funny story.. at the alk3/am! show i was working at, im hanging out in the crowd getting my singalong on during am's set... and some large jock looking dude gets mad that i bumped into him in the midst of rocking out.. he grabs me by the neck and and before he can say anything.. i tell him it would be in his best interest to let go.... before this guy can even react, my friend john whos maybe 120 lbs, and like a foot shorter than the dude... comes flying over and just lays this dude out with one punch. my friend was working security and watched the whole thing on the camera, and laughed his ass of.)

that being said im usually the guy breaking up the fights at shows.

I havent been in a fight since 10th grade, my old neighborhood was really bad (even worse now) and i grew up with the mentality that if you got into a fight there was a chance you'd get something broken or you'd get stabbed. Guns werent a common thing among the neighborhood kids, but knives were. So rather than get stabbed i just either a) took a beating (you don't fuck with someone who has 3 or 5 friends with them even though you know you can take him B) just avoided everyone and hung out in the safe neighborhoods. Thank god i live here now... I felt safer in LA than i did in my own neighbhorhood... WEird...