Neurosis - Strength and Vision (Full Length Discography Box-Set)

Went to play the "Sovreign" LP today and it was A/B "Through Silver and Blood" instead. Checked the "Through Silver and Blood" Sleeve and it has the correct records in it, but the center circle was different for Silver and Blood and what should be Sovereign. Seems like a potentially big pressing plant error, unless I am the only luck one. Anybody else have a problem like this?

11 minutes ago, transistorcity said:

Went to play the "Sovreign" LP today and it was A/B "Through Silver and Blood" instead. Checked the "Through Silver and Blood" Sleeve and it has the correct records in it, but the center circle was different for Silver and Blood and what should be Sovereign. Seems like a potentially big pressing plant error, unless I am the only luck one. Anybody else have a problem like this?

I just checked by the B side of Sovereign and it was the correct track

I should have mine tomorrow according to USPS tracking, so Sovereign is the first thing I'll be checking out.

But this is a major bummer - which I'm sure Neurot will make right - but if it is indeed the entire 1500 lot that's been affected, then this is going to be a COSTLY fix (which hopefully cost-wise, it doesn't fall on Neurot...). 

And another problem I just noticed when I pulled the book out: A few of the cds fell out during shipping, and had wedged themselves rather tightly  into some of the other slots. They look a little scratched up, but I think they're going to play fine. But the real problem is that two of the cds, Sovereign and Honor Found in Decay, had actually slid clear to the bottom of their slots, and got stuck in the glue at the bottom of the page. It took some considerable force to dislodge them, but now there's glue on the discs. I wouldn't dare put these in a CD player...

Hey kids, long-time lurker, first-time poster...just wanted to mention how awesome this thing is.  Here's a (poorly-lit) photo of the whole thing:

y5crwyx.jpg

I love what they did with the artwork...having the washed-out type covers on each LP, and then all of the original full-size art  and liner notes in the book.  Unfortunately, I have the same issue as everyone else - The A side of Sovereign has the A side of Silver in Blood instead.  I just emailed about it today, so we'll see what happens.  I noticed that the matrix codes are the same, so I assume they just used the wrong stamper when pressing.  Also, had a small seam split on Times of Grace (you can sort of see it in the picture) which, given the size and weight of this thing, I certainly won't worry about, and also had a bit of glue on the edge of the Given to the Rising CD, but was able to wipe it off and it seems to work fine.

On the whole, I'm really happy with this - everything sounds great, and now I just need to get a frame for the print!

Just received my copy from the EU store... holy shit it's the heaviest vinyl parcel I've ever received. 

This thing is just perfectly done, it's just a pity the Sovereign mispress. I guess the pressing plant should be responsible for it, but honestly, I wouldn't mind throwing some extra bucks to support Neurot if they were left alone...

Merchtable just sent me an email indicating that the pressing plant is working on the problem, and will be shipping out corrected copies of Sovereign, at no cost to the consumer, of course.

Props to Merchtable for their open communication throughout the delays, and then for being pro-active with this whole mess, and making things right!

I didn't even send them an email yet but My Proud Mountain in EU just informed as well

Dear friends,

we are writing to inform you about a pressing error affecting copies of the Strength & Vision box set. First and foremost, this issue will be fixed at no cost to you.

After careful investigation, the factory responsible for production was able to determine that Sovereign Side A was mistakenly pressed with Side A of Through Silver in Blood. Although test presses were inspected and approved prior to production, it appears the wrong stamper was used once the factory initiated the final run.

The vinyl plant is working overtime to get this fixed and they will be shipping everyone a copy directly that ordered the box set. They have not been able to provide us with a ship date yet, but we will keep everyone updated as soon as we have more information.

Thank you,

Your my Proud Mountain Crew

Awesome!

13 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

mine arrived today! Where should I start? I am not that familiar with their albums, I have listened enough to them to know I like them, but any order i should go through them? 

Pretty much the beginning...That way you can see the band evolve and than start to decline