Neurosis - Strength and Vision (Full Length Discography Box-Set)

Torn between getting the box set or seeing them in San Fran with Converge on March 6th. Can only pick one!

I'd go see them live. You can always chase after a copy of the box set on the eBay circuit later of you regret not getting it, but you won't be able to go back in time to catch a live set you missed.

Live it is then. Although it would have been nice seeing all three shows, having Converge open is too good to pass up. This time I just actually have to go, went to Seattle back in November for the Kowloon Walled City show but I passed out and missed it.

Converge sold me on that show too.  I was planning on going to that KWC show, but I had some family obligations that took precedent and wasn't in town.

It's the track "Locust Star" from Through Silver in Blood. In my opinion, it's the perfect introduction to Neurosis, as it contains every aspect of their sound neatly wrapped in a sub-six minute morsel. Listening to Through Silver... in it's entirety would be a bad introduction either.

Edit: There's also a live recording of "Locust Star" on YouTube from Ozzfest in the late 90's. It remains one of the greatest performance videos I've ever seen.

I listened to the full record today, and I'm happy to report that it's pretty awesome.

Being a kid and all, this was the only time of year I could afford it

This is awesome! I am not a kid, I am 27 but this is my present to myself and I am really excited!! But I know exactly where your coming from! I just feel this is a great opportunity to get a collection I don't have. I think this is something I will never regret. The price is great considering 270$ is not even 30$ a record which is more than they would cost with shipping and tax. Plus they sell for more than just 30$ at the moment so it's a fucking deal! Merry Christmas everyone!

This is awesome! I am not a kid, I am 27 but this is my present to myself and I am really excited!! But I know exactly where your coming from! I just feel this is a great opportunity to get a collection I don't have. I think this is something I will never regret. The price is great considering 270$ is not even 30$ a record which is more than they would cost with shipping and tax. Plus they sell for more than just 30$ at the moment so it's a fucking deal! Merry Christmas everyone!

Haha, yeah, blew all my Christmas money on it. 16 but don't have a job so I don't have regular income. I'll be looking for something this summer though. Totally stoked for this. IIRC last time I saw you was when I was shitting myself in the DEP thread. Nice to see someone with some overlap in taste here. Merry Christmas <3

It comes out to about $15 a record if you do not factor in the CDs as a value add.

i am surprised this isn't as popular, I thought this would have sold faster. I thought this band was supposed to be huge, am I mistaken?

I wouldn't say Neurosis is huge but they definitely have a good following. Since this is being released on the band's own small label with little fanfare and shortly after all the albums had a repress, it's going to take some time to sell out. Also, with no variants, some people won't get their dicks hard with a basic black vinyl edition. I think I'm going to pass and just pick up a couple represses but it sure is tempting. 

I wouldn't say Neurosis is huge but they definitely have a good following. Since this is being released on the band's own small label with little fanfare and shortly after all the albums had a repress, it's going to take some time to sell out. Also, with no variants, some people won't get their dicks hard with a basic black vinyl edition. I think I'm going to pass and just pick up a couple represses but it sure is tempting.

There are box sets that are just black that are highly collectible like deftones and Isis. As long as it's limited that's all I care about. Unlimited pressings definitely make my dick soft as mashed potatoes.

There are box sets that are just black that are highly collectible like deftones and Isis. As long as it's limited that's all I care about. Unlimited pressings definitely make my dick soft as mashed potatoes.

You know what I look for in a box set? Good music. Don't care whether or not it's limited.

You know what I look for in a box set? Good music. Don't care whether or not it's limited.

Limited is fun, but certainly not required.  I have recently been on a big box set kick.  I think when my wife walked downstairs the other day and realized what was going on she had a WTF moment with my recent obsession.