Pro-ject jumps on the gimmick train

"Pro-Ject has also made a second version of the VTE that’s fitted with a phono pre-amp and Bluetooth transmitter for playing records through wireless speakers and Bluetooth connected hi-fi systems."

Sheesh, imagine how convenient it would be if they could figure out a way to stream music straight from your laptop or phone through wireless speakers?  :P

"Pro-Ject has also made a second version of the VTE that’s fitted with a phono pre-amp and Bluetooth transmitter for playing records through wireless speakers and Bluetooth connected hi-fi systems."

Sheesh, imagine how convenient it would be if they could figure out a way to stream music straight from your laptop or phone through wireless speakers? :P

Oh, if only that were possible...

Sheesh, imagine how convenient it would be if they could figure out a way to stream music straight from your laptop or phone through wireless speakers? :P

Oh, if only that were possible...

This all gives me a great/horrible idea. I want to create a record player that doesn't actually play records. Instead, it scans the label to find out what music is to be played, and then streams whatever album wirelessly via Tidal or Spotify, and then just pretends to play the record so it looks like you care about vinylz...

This all gives me a great/horrible idea. I want to create a record player that doesn't actually play records. Instead, it scans the label to find out what music is to be played, and then streams whatever album wirelessly via Tidal or Spotify, and then just pretends to play the record so it looks like you care about vinylz...

That's evil.

Sadly I expect there's a market for that, especially in North London with those who favour facial topiary and bicycles that only have one gear

Welp. I'm stealing this idea and getting rich. Thanks!

Gravity is the main issue. How can something track well, when there is no gravity keeping it down? I'm sure they devise a way, but it is not going to work nearly as well as table laid out horizontal.