The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

45 minutes ago, McNutsack said:

Can some one tell me how much VMP is selling the colored edition of the new Flume record for ? Saw it posted on their Instagram. 

I'm not a member yet, and I'm curious if their prices are lower than elsewhere. Most pre orders for that record are $32 for the neat colored version. 

$27 USD, one of the cheapest USD prices I have seen (and free shipping if you are a member). However, the amazon.ca price convinced me to stick with the dark-side for that one.

EDIT: Although it looks sold out, note that VMP did say that they will be able to replenish most titles in the store. So keep a look-out. 

Edited by Canuckle

15 minutes ago, rds said:

Question for people who have signed up for VMP mid-month...how long after you are charged did your record ship?

If you are talking about the AOTM, it should ship within the first week of the next month. This will also include your store purchases. So for example, if you sign-up today and buy a bunch from the store, everything, including next month's AOTM should ship the first week of June. 

35 minutes ago, rds said:

I re-instated my account for the AOTM Pinkerton LP on Thursday.  I thought that once they started shipping for everyone, they shipped somewhat on demand for late subscribers.  Is that not the case?

Hmmmm, not sure about mid-month renewals for already shipped AOTM to be honest. If you e-mail them or ping them through twitter they are great at responding. 

Also from their FAQ:

I just signed up, when should I expect to get my first record?

If you signed up after the 16th of the current month, your membership will be activated and your first order shipped during the 2nd week of the following month. If you signed up before the 15th of the month, your membership will activated immediately and your first order will ship within 5 – 7 business days.

I own 4.  2 of them sound fabulous (Menomena, Weezer); one is solid and a huge improvement on the standard pressing (Fugees).  The only one I wouldn't recommend (Perfume Genius) sounds amazing when quiet but has spouts of noisiness.  Then again, it was pressed on white vinyl and I picked it up used at Amoeba...  

Edited by downisthenewup87

21 hours ago, downisthenewup87 said:

I own 4.  2 of them sound fabulous (Menomena, Weezer); one is solid and a huge improvement on the standard pressing (Fugees).  The only one I wouldn't recommend (Perfume Genius) sounds amazing when quiet but has spouts of noisiness.  Then again, it was pressed on white vinyl and I picked it up used at Amoeba...  

Sold. I'm signing up. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Skibum00 said:

I just signed up today, mostly for Rogue Wave's Descended Like Vultures and Nada Surf's High/low. When do the announce June's AotM? Not familiar with the process.

Shortly after the additions to the member store goes up for sale.  So within the next couple of days.  That way they have you hooked if you really want (and thus bought) an exclusive.  The store went active yesterday so the June AotM should be announced within the next week or so.

I started a skeptic but it's a solidly run service.  Their customer service and community is top notch.  

As I've said before, let me know if anyone needs a code.

Edited by downisthenewup87

I'm a VMP newbie with a question, too...

I signed up just to get Pinkerton last month and I decided to order the Nothing - "Tired of Tomorrow" store exclusive. All the email verbiage is making it sounds like they mail VMP store purchases with the following month's album of the month... is that right? I didn't intend to renew for June, so am I going to have my Nothing canceled if I don't renew ?

6 minutes ago, tacosupemekohl said:

I'm a VMP newbie with a question, too...

I signed up just to get Pinkerton last month and I decided to order the Nothing - "Tired of Tomorrow" store exclusive. All the email verbiage is making it sounds like they mail VMP store purchases with the following month's album of the month... is that right? I didn't intend to renew for June, so am I going to have my Nothing canceled if I don't renew ?

This is something I have been wondering as well. I probably won't reup my membership, but if I was to buy something from the store, would I still get it, or would they charge me a crate diggers subscription?

Not sure what they will do, but they have this on the top of every member store thread on their boards. The third bullet point may mean they will either charge you for a June sub, Crate membership or cancel your order...

*June VMP Member Store (OPENS May 16th)
**updates in Bold (current as of 4/27)
***MUST BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER GOING INTO JUNE TO SHOP THE JUNE STORE!

Again I suggest reaching out to them so at worst you can change your membership to a Crate one for June and still get the store items you want. 

Edited by Canuckle

17 minutes ago, tacosupemekohl said:

VMP got back to me. They said "they ship out any record that has been paid for."  So you can order a record from the store and then not renew for next month. 

Cool beans.

This is good to hear...I signed up for Pinkerton and also purchased Car Seat Headrest, will probably cancel depending on next month's album of the month (though I'm afraid the whole issue with CSH's album being shipped out in parts might get me lost in the shuffle)