The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

6 minutes ago, twentytwo said:

Yep

So what do I have to do? I've been tempted by a few of their releases, but haven't bought anything yet. I have to sign up and get that Wells Fargo release they're offering this month and then I have an opportunity to buy the Avalanches release? Or how does this work?

49 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

So what do I have to do? I've been tempted by a few of their releases, but haven't bought anything yet. I have to sign up and get that Wells Fargo release they're offering this month and then I have an opportunity to buy the Avalanches release? Or how does this work?

1 hour ago, natenomm said:

I guess I'm signing up for a crate membership. 

http://vinylmeplease.com/crate/

Just signed up for a crate membership. For the Avalanches release, how do we know when it goes on sale? The VMP store seems pretty sparse, but maybe that's just me? Where did you guys find the information about the other releases being put in the store? Sorry, I'm new to this and just really want Wallflower.. 

Just signed up for a crate membership. For the Avalanches release, how do we know when it goes on sale? The VMP store seems pretty sparse, but maybe that's just me? Where did you guys find the information about the other releases being put in the store? Sorry, I'm new to this and just really want Wallflower.. 

1 hour ago, AdamJNovak said:

The VMP forums, specifically this thread: http://forum.vinylmeplease.com/index.php?threads/july-16-member-store-vinyl-picks-preview.3489/

That thread says the July store opens on June 16th. The day the store opens changes from month to month but the time is always the same: 12pm ET / 9am PT.

Edited by ksuwdboots

1 hour ago, ksuwdboots said:

The VMP forums, specifically this thread: http://forum.vinylmeplease.com/index.php?threads/july-16-member-store-vinyl-picks-preview.3489/

That thread says the store opens on June 16th. The day the store opens changes from month to month but the time is always the same: 12pm ET / 9am PT.

Awesome! Thanks for the info! 

Most recent stuff added for the July Store. Opens June 16th 12 p.m. EST

Kurt Vile - Smoke Ring For My Halo (VMP Exclusive, LTD to 750, white/black split) (MUSIC) ($21)
Star Wars - The Force Awakens OST (180g, hologram, 16pg booklet) ($43)
Weaves - Weaves
Download Card ($17)
Gordi - Clever Disguise EP 
Download Card($13)
Dan Lissvik - Midnight 
Download Card ($19)
The Lines - Hull Down  Download Card ($15)
Terry Reid - The Other Side of the River(
$21)

2 minutes ago, ryantark said:

Plenty remain in the store.  Discogs folks like the pressing, MoFi masters.  One on discogs now for $20 w/seam split.

I think many are going to have the seam split due to how the sleeve was made, mine had it right out of the box as well so that copy wouldn't be bad if you do not really want to join VMP for anything else.

Like ryan said, it used the MoFi masters so it def. sounds pretty damn good to me. Looks and sounds beautiful!

16 hours ago, hype said:

I think many are going to have the seam split due to how the sleeve was made, mine had it right out of the box as well so that copy wouldn't be bad if you do not really want to join VMP for anything else.

Like ryan said, it used the MoFi masters so it def. sounds pretty damn good to me. Looks and sounds beautiful!

^ Second this.

I have the MOFI release as well, sound very similar. Only difference I noticed was maybe record weight, limiting volume somewhat. But all depends on your ears. Plus the VMP version packaging/variant color are pretty sweet...