Say Anything/Mewithoutyou - "Tour Split"

I would assume due to delays for RSD. I mean it's wait 9 months for a pressed record, or get a lathe in under 6 weeks.

Yeah, but lathes are not nearly as scalable as pressed records. It takes ten times as long to cut 100 records as it does to cut 10. If I had a lathe cutter and a big touring band asked me to cut 300 records with a decent turnaround time, I'd probably up my per-unit price to the point where they had to sell them for $25. I mean, 300 lathes is pretty much unheard of. Imagine dropping the needle on the first blank, hearing that Say Anything song and coming to terms with the fact that you'll have to hear it 299 more times.

More and more bands are doing larger lathe runs. Just look at Pujol's 5" lathe from RSD last year where they made 500. May take longer for the manufacturer but the band still gets the records way faster. Plus it's guaranteed work for the cutter instead on having to make only 5 or 10 copies of a record for some random band.

I personally have made 2 Say Anything lathe cut records in the past. I think max liked them quiet a bit.

So I purchased the large at the show, and I San say these are impressive, the best lathes I have ever heard in my life! Nearly no surface noise and a much much higher sound quality then all my lathes I've owned before, might even be stereo but don't quote me on that. Definitely amazing lathes, but I'm not sure they're worth that $25 price even with the amazing sound.

Politics of flipping aside, I think that has literally every bearing on it's "worth" by definition. These are going to bubble in price I can almost guarantee

I was definitely splitting hairs, but there is an important distinction between 'value' and 'worth' (though our use of language is problematic in that you can interchange those two words between those two meanings willy-nilly).  Is $25 overpriced for a lathe?  Yes.  However, it is likely that the 'retail' price is the cheapest any of these will ever sell for.

$25 really isn't that bad, especially if you're a fan

For two songs it's dumb, but since it had to be hand done x300 I kinda get it.

I was definitely splitting hairs, but there is an important distinction between 'value' and 'worth' (though our use of language is problematic in that you can interchange those two words between those two meanings willy-nilly).  Is $25 overpriced for a lathe?  Yes.  However, it is likely that the 'retail' price is the cheapest any of these will ever sell for.

Yeah, that was my justification. I'd rather grab it while I have the option to and can decide if I want to keep it later since I know I can get my $25 out any time

Um....thats exactly what worth means....

damn theyre charging $25 for these? that's crazy. i was really contemplating going to the show this week but with max's shows getting worse every time and it easily being a $75 night, i dont think im gonna go lol

Your boy will soften that blow a bit if you go and can get me a lathe haha

Aka buy your lathe too :)

I bought my friend a ticket to last night's show so I'd have some company, and she got me an extra to sell at cost or use in a trade if anyone's interested. I'd prefer to trade- my deadformat list in my signature has a few things I've been looking at getting (if it's something OOP, obviously there'd be cash on my side).

Sorry to the international folks, but I'm only shipping within the U.S.