PO Now: BADBADNOTGOOD - IV

AC122-500x500.jpg

The boys are back with the new album IV, their most impressive and highly anticipated project yet. IV continues their forward thinking progression, sounding something like a jam session in space between Can, John Coltrane, Herbie Hancock's Headhunters, Weather Report, Arthur Russell & MF DOOM. 
With tracks like "Time Moves Slow" featuring haunting vocals from Sam Herring of Future Islands, the syncopated groove of "Lavender," a collaboration with Montreal based producer Kaytranada, the rumbling fusion build of "Confessions Pt. II" featuring Colin Stetson on the bass sax, "Love" which is highlighted with smokey left field raps from Mick Jenkins & the epic chords of "Speaking Gently," IV is an exploration in post-genre virtuosity. Out Summer 2016 on Innovative Leisure Records, BBNG prove yet again that the possibilities & discovery in their musical quest are infinite.

Tracklist:

1 And That, Too.
2 Speaking Gently
3 Time Moves Slow (Feat. Sam Herring)
4 Confessions Pt. II (Feat. Colin Stetson)
5 Lavender (Feat. Kaytranada)
6 Chompy's Paradise
7 IV
8 Hyssop of Love (Feat. Mick Jenkins)
9 Structure No. 3
10 In Your Eyes (Feat. Charlotte Day Wilson)
11 Cashmere

2xLP

US preorder: http://badbadnotgoodil.bandcamp.com/album/iv $19.98 USD

Canada preorder: http://craft-shop.ca/artists/badbadnotgood/badbadnotgood-iv $20 CAD (+$14 min. shipping :( )

Time Moves Slow is a pretty sexy jam.

Edited by 16Shells

Thanks for posting this. Because seeing it here as well as about 30 other places prompted me to go to youtube and listen to this band, which I don't think I'd ever heard before. It turns out I think they are good and will listen more to their music. So Thank you. Is there a limited vinyl pressing?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...