Ramones - 40th Anniversary (3-CD/1-LP Bundle)

Ramones_40th_DeluxeEdition_ProductShot_1

Limited Edition 3CD/1Vinyl LP Set Of The Ramones Debut
Features Superior Remastered Stereo Version and New Mono Mix Of The Album
By Original Producer And Mixer Craig Leon, 
Plus Rare And Unreleased Demos And Live Show

Each set is individually numbered. Available July 29, 2016"

http://store.ramones.com/products/ramones-40th-anniversary-deluxe-edition

10 minutes ago, somethingvinyl said:

Why do I need to hear this album in mono when it was recorded in stereo? That's weird. 

I've been told mono always sounds better by stuck up Beatles fans drinking expensive coffees in NYC cafes, and glossy magazines imported from the UK. 

I can't speak first hand as I don't own a turntable and never listen to my records.

However, I can tell you that because each of these copies is individually numbered, they will skyrocket in value. As long as you don't listen to them, or at a minimum carefully open the outer shrink and slide out the vinyl - admiring in the artificial light of your home once - then return to sleeve, never to be removed again.

Man, records are cool.

Edited by unknown pleasures

1 hour ago, unknown pleasures said:

However, I can tell you that because each of these copies is individually numbered, they will skyrocket in value. As long as you don't listen to them, or at a minimum carefully open the outer shrink and slide out the vinyl - admiring in the artificial light of your home once - then return to sleeve, never to be removed again.

Man, records are cool.

At $65 it has already skyrocketed in price! I'm not really seeing how this price is anywhere near worth it unless it is limited to 100. Anyone who needs this should just go to your local record store, buy a regular copy, and number it with a sharpie. Take the money you saved and buy two more Ramones records!

1 hour ago, unknown pleasures said:

I've been told mono always sounds better by stuck up Beatles fans drinking expensive coffees in NYC cafes, and glossy magazines imported from the UK. 

I can't speak first hand as I don't own a turntable and never listen to my records.

Man, records are cool.

Ha.

The logic behind desiring mono copies of mid-60's albums (like The Beatles, as you correctly suggested) is because those albums were recorded in mono originally. Once they reprocessed many mono albums to have the 'new fad' of stereo, which wasn't actually a fad because stereo had existed for 30 years prior, the records sounded different. Lots of those reprocessed albums sound odd and echo-y. Also, since many people heard mono back prior to the mid-60's, lots of collectors wanted to find mono copies that reflect the album as they remember it. 

Nobody needs this record at 45rpm on 2xlp

9 hours ago, ASSARTOSE said:

So they could make it 2x45 rpm remaster(or something) from the tapes, but they just added 1 mono cd and 1 cd with demos and live shows($15 each) for 65 bucks?.

Wow, this is really stup

Edited by youspinmeround