Save Your Money, Pre-orders to be Announced Soon

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

My head is spinning just thinking about all of the incredible records we will soon be announcing pre-orders for. Consider this post your unofficial things to expect soon:

We have a repress in the works for Tim Barry's "Laurel St Demos". 2 colors of vinyl with silk-screened jackets on a new color of stock. We also have a repress of Every Time I Die's "The Big Dirty". Hot Topic will have an exclusive color, but we worked it out with them to offer a handful of that color on our site. Yes, I realize that "Last Night In Town" is still not done and I am absolutely frustrated about that. I continue to get reassurances that it will soon be here, but I wont' believe that until they actually arrive. Expect the Tim Barry and ETID Big Dirty pre-orders this week.

You may or may not have heard about the upcoming Anchorless Records' benefit compilation, A Tribute to Johnny Cash, which features covers by Bouncing Souls, Gaslight Anthem, Jason Shevchuk (of LaGrecia, None More Black), Chuck Ragan, MxPx, Ben Nichols (Of Lucero), and more. VC will have an exclusive color and will be handling much of the distribution of this record. I am stoked. The best part is that proceeds from this album will go to benefit Shirts for a Cure. And we will have a test pressing for a TP contest.

I know there is already talk about the Saves the Day "Sound the Alarm" vinyl and this news might upset some of you, but we will have an exclusive color for the pressing. Not sure yet which color we will get, but Cobraside has decided to select a handful of retailers who will all have exclusive colors. I will post the pre-order soon and just label it "exclusive color" until we get the color news. And we will have at least 1 test pressing for a TP contest.

Our friends at Adeline are about to give us the green light to post a pre-order and a test pressing contest for the Teenage Bottlerocket / Broadway Calls split 7". 2 colors of wax, 500 of each, and the artwork is so rad (done by Cristy C. Road). 2 songs by each band and both bands contribute covers.

Spoke to Mike Park today and he mentioned a lot of records in the works. Some of the things he mentioned included Lawrence Arms "Cocktails and Dreams", Alkaline Trio's "Maybe I'll Catch Fire" and "S/t", Lemuria's Collection LP, and a few represses I can't yet mention. We are talking to Mike about offering a cool, deluxe edition Lawrence Arms set which would include a pint glass, a t-shirt, vinyl, and more.

I know that some of you have spoke about the Thrice boxset and the Alkaline Trio "Crimson" and "Good Mourning" pressings. We will be working closely with Cobraside and should hopefully have test pressing contests. At this point, these records are not ready to be announced, but I expect Good Mourning to be the first one out of the pack. I spoke with Randy at Cobraside and he said he is still waiting on the bonus songs that will round out the release. Stay tuned for these as I hope to have more news soon.

Mutant Pop will be repressing the very incredible "More Songs About Girlfriends and Bubblegum" by Dillinger Four. There will be an edition of 1000 copies on blue vinyl and I am working with the label to offer copies with the original covers and a few weeks later offering copies with the soon to be printed covers. Be stoked as this is a kick ass single.

I hope this gets some of you super stoked. I am working on so many great records either from other labels or on our own imprint and all I can say is Save Your Money. Start riding your bike to work and pocket that gas money. Buy a 30 pack of PBR and not that your favorite microbrew and hold onto the savings. Bring a sack lunch and don't eat out. You will thank me later!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic