PO: THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM "The 59 Sound" LP

Guest Admin

Seems like it's probably close to being gone already.

Those guys seemed to have jumped from relative obscurity to popular as shit almost overnight.

Must be nice to have the marketing budget for stuff like that.

It was mostly word of mouth and constant touring really.

They also have 2 pretty well recieved releases under their belts already as well.

Seems like it's probably close to being gone already.

Those guys seemed to have jumped from relative obscurity to popular as shit almost overnight.

Must be nice to have the marketing budget for stuff like that.

It was mostly word of mouth and constant touring really.

They also have 2 pretty well recieved releases under their belts already as well.

yeah i was going to say i don't quite think it is marketing i mean they dont even get radio time (apparently me not listening to the radio means I shouldnt assume things :P) punk news was probably the most publicity they got and i wouldnt really call that marketing.

• 6 years later...

Unpopular opinion: this album is better than Sink or Swim.

I don't want to turn this into a fight, but I agree. I admittedly somehow didn't hear of The Gaslight Anthem until American Slang but that album and 59 Sound are by far my favourites. I didn't really like Sink or Swim at all.

Six year bump? Sure.

There is a "limited edition" up on Amazon. I don't know what that means but here it is:

http://amzn.to/1ctoE60

Out July 17 on S1D.

When S1D announced the repress of Live @ Park Ave., they also said they'd be doing a similar limited re-release of 59 Sound. Kind of silly since it's still in print and they haven't even sold out of the blood red "limited" repress.

When S1D announced the repress of Live @ Park Ave., the press release also said they'd be doing a similar limited re-release of 59 Sound. Kind of silly since it's still in print and they haven't even sold out of the blood red "imited" repress /1000.

Agreed, if this is just a different color, that's an easy pass. 

I've honestly never heard anyone say otherwise. Here's an actual unpopular opinion: Handwritten is their best record and American Slang is probably their worst.

Well, you've kind of painted yourself into a corner with that one.  :)

http://www.altpress.com/reviews/entry/the_gaslight_anthem_handwritten