MLB Discussion

im just happy to see ellsbury finishing next in line behind verlander. in most cases, i find it silly to consider a pitcher for the mvp; but towards the end of the season it seemed like every other day that espn headlines read "verlander wins again".

I would've voted for Ellsbury. I believe he was first in WAR, 30-30, 5th in OPS, and I believe with his fielding made him the best all around player. Verlander was a no-doubter for Cy Young though.

Not bashing anyone or trying to change minds but just giving my 2 cents. Hope its valuable ;)

the Cy Young Award goes to the BEST pitcher. that's why Felix Hernandez won with a 13-12 record on a team that finished .500.

the MVP award goes to the player who was the most valuable to his team. ellsbury had an incredible season, but his team missed the playoffs. if i was playing in his place, the red sox more than likely would have done the same. where is his value to the team?

Not bashing anyone or trying to change minds but just giving my 2 cents. Hope its valuable ;)

the Cy Young Award goes to the BEST pitcher. that's why Felix Hernandez won with a 13-12 record on a team that finished .500.

the MVP award goes to the player who was the most valuable to his team. ellsbury had an incredible season, but his team missed the playoffs. if i was playing in his place, the red sox more than likely would have done the same. where is his value to the team?

Agree to disagree. Although contenders usually have someone on their team that has MVP worthy numbers. That said, I would have voted for Kemp for NL MVP, but Braun winning isn't highway robbery either. He posted very similar numbers. Still weirded out by the Verlander decision.

I am however glad you see eye to eye on the Cy Young. Just giving to the pitcher with the most "WINZ" is just dumb. Although that worked out for traditional voters this year.

Yea I want the Angels to snag Wilson away from Texas. Hopefully they can do it and not overpay too much. Whoever gets him will have to overpay for sure. He's from here and seems to want to play here so we'll see.

At least if they overpay for him it will probably be worth it for at least a few years. Thats a step in the right direction for the Angels. Usually they overpay for guys who arent good at all. Matthews, Wells, Kazmir...

Broxton to Royals as a setup. I remember in 08 when Stairs hit the homerun off him in the playoffs and how huge it was to homer off him. How the mighty have fallen.

I saw that they were close to a deal. Broxton should be good as a set up man. I dunno if Id want him for my closer anymore but Id likely take him as a releiver/set up man.

The royals were a good team for him to go to. Not too much pressure on them to win now and he can show that he still has it as a go to reliever.

Im most interested to see if all this Marlins, Nats, Cubs talk signing big agents is for real, or just talk.

Yea lots of rumors around those 3 teams. Gonna be interesting to see where Pujols, Fielder and Wilson land.

I think Pujols is staying put but the think the other 2 are moving on. I think the Angels are going to land Wilson and I think the Dodgers will get Fielder.

Wilson grew up here and he would be in a pretty damn good starting roation with the Angels. Weaver, Wilson, Haren, Santana is a great rotation. If they can just get one decent starter to fill that 5th spot they could have the best rotation in the game. They are looking at Oswalt too. If they get them both then they easily have the best rotation around.

Fielder is apparently friends with Kemp who the Dodgers just locked up long term and the Dodgers are in serious need of some big names to get that franchise back out of the gutter. Fielder would really help with that and get the fans around here really excited about the Dodgers again. I could see the Dodgers putting up the kind of money its going to take to get Fielder to sign. I really dont want the Dodgers to get them just cause I hate the Dodger so much but I wouldnt be surprised.

I figure Pujols will stay. Fielder will go to who offers him the most. Hopefully it is an AL team so he can DH the last year or two of his contract. His father fell off the map and out of the majors by 34 or so I think, and I can see Prince going the same way as him.

I got no idea where I think Wilson will go. Anything sounds plausible to me. I really like him though, and I hope he stays in Texas as I feel that with Ryan and now both Greg and Mike Maddox there they can really make him better. I feel like that is a big reason as to why Wilson has exploded as a starter the past two years.