MLB Discussion

Ramirez would be nice in Angel Stadium. CJ Wilson is a playoff choker though.

The Angels desperately need a real third baseman and Ramirez would be perfect and add a nice bat to the middle of the order then they could trade Callaspo or Izturiz and hopefully get a bullpen arm.

Im just thinking a rotation that goes Weaver, Haren, Wilson, Santana would be pretty sick. One of those dudes could come out of the pen in the playoffs.

Really not a fan of Manny's suspension being cut in half now. They have set the precedent now that a free agent can now just "retire" for a year and take a 50 game suspension and get a bigger pay day than they would trying to sign with a 100 game suspension hanging over their head. Also makes the league look really weak when the first repeat drug offender gets it cut down.

Really not a fan of Manny's suspension being cut in half now. They have set the precedent now that a free agent can now just "retire" for a year and take a 50 game suspension and get a bigger pay day than they would trying to sign with a 100 game suspension hanging over their head. Also makes the league look really weak when the first repeat drug offender gets it cut down.

Let's see what teams actually want him.

The Marlins always seem to go out and build a good team and do well for a few years then all of a sudden dump all their players and start over. Seems like its been happening since they came into the the league.

I don't follow the Marlins too closely but weren't a lot of their player dumps young guys they no longer could afford to keep? It's sort of a funny situation because they spend for players to keep them in contention, in hopes that it will renew interest in the franchise. But they are in Miami, so you know, it doesn't really work out.

Both these acquisitions seem little dicey too me. Reyes with the injury risk and 3 years on ANY closer can bite you.

I am looking forward to seeing who Albert and Prince go to. Any contract over 3 years for Albert and 5 years for Prince will be a disaster. I hope the Cubs are smart enough to not sign either of them.

The Cubs are looking at both and both guys will get contracts over 5 years. Albert is pretty durable but yea, at the end of his next contract he will be making way more than he's worth at that point.

anything over 3 years for Pujols is a disaster? Are you serious? While I agree that he will start to go down hill at some point, having him for the next three years on your team is worth it to every team even if they pay him for 6 years. He alone will bolster ticket sales, merch, etc and make many teams that are contenders that much more a serious threat.

Also, I love Ozzie. So underrated as a manager.

anything over 3 years for Pujols is a disaster? Are you serious? While I agree that he will start to go down hill at some point, having him for the next three years on your team is worth it to every team even if they pay him for 6 years. He alone will bolster ticket sales, merch, etc and make many teams that are contenders that much more a serious threat.

Pujols will probably be worth whatever he gets for another 5 years or so. Definitely more than 3 years tho.

Ozzie is slightly above a .500 winning % as a manager. He does have a WS title as a manager tho. He's an ok manager at best and he's a massive dick head.

Pujols will probably be worth whatever he gets for another 5 years or so. Definitely more than 3 years tho.

Ozzie is slightly above a .500 winning % as a manager. He does have a WS title as a manager tho. He's an ok manager at best and he's a massive dick head.

He got a WS title with a crappy team. He has never had all that great of talent on his team. He has done alot with little talent.

No arguement on the dickhead though, but I think he is humorous.