MLB Discussion

Way to show how classy you are Boston. Not only do you not get ejected for intentionally throwing at a guy, it took you 4 times to do hit Arod? You are a major league pitcher and you cant bean someone on your first attempt? Dempster should have been ejected for being a shitty pitcher.

This has been a crazy, crazy game.

fuck every. single. person. who is trying to call boston classless because of this.

pitcher gives up a homerun. plunks the very next batter. that's just part of the game.

the single biggest piece of shit to put on a uniform in the last 20 years gets hit with a pitch and OMG HOW COULD YOU.

What is classless is that they went against the code. Everyone knows you get one shot to hit someone, not four. You know when you are going to get hit when you go up to bat, if you miss them then deal with it, you dont keep throwing at the person until you hit them. Also, doing it on the last game so you know you cant be retaliated with cause you fucking threw until you got a warning and hit the guy, comepletely classless on Bostons part. Im not saying Arod shouldnt have been hit, just dont be complete douchebags about it, and for god sakes, get a pitcher who can actually hit someone and not miss three times before hand.

What is classless is that they went against the code. Everyone knows you get one shot to hit someone, not four. You know when you are going to get hit when you go up to bat, if you miss them then deal with it, you dont keep throwing at the person until you hit them. Also, doing it on the last game so you know you cant be retaliated with cause you fucking threw until you got a warning and hit the guy, comepletely classless on Bostons part. Im not saying Arod shouldnt have been hit, just dont be complete douchebags about it, and for god sakes, get a pitcher who can actually hit someone and not miss three times before hand.

He was just trying to pitch inside bro....

yeah, because he nearly knocked the umpire out

but really, girardi probably had that tirade scripted. he's been waiting since the day alex came back to flip his shit when someone threw at him.

the dagger in the coffin (or however that saying goes) for tejada. it seems like he had always been associated with the steroid era somehow, but he had his alibis and was perhaps perceived as clean (he bought HGH for a friend, etc.). but biogenesis pretty much closes the book on this one... too bad.

on an unrelated note, i found a carlos delgado upper deck rookie card in great shape at a garage sale for 10 cents. not that it'll ever be worth a ton more than that, just a cool find, especially when after looking up his stats i was reminded how good/influential he was.

the dagger in the coffin (or however that saying goes) for tejada. it seems like he had always been associated with the steroid era somehow, but he had his alibis and was perhaps perceived as clean (he bought HGH for a friend, etc.). but biogenesis pretty much closes the book on this one... too bad.

on an unrelated note, i found a carlos delgado upper deck rookie card in great shape at a garage sale for 10 cents. not that it'll ever be worth a ton more than that, just a cool find, especially when after looking up his stats i was reminded how good/influential he was.

Speaking of steroids!

That he was still a player was also the shocking part for me. I read Tejada and immediately though it might be someone I don't know yet because there is no way he is still in the game.

Jose Fernandez has been a straight badass. 145 IP with a 2.4 ERA, 157 Ks and a 1.023 WHIP. Even has a 9-5 record, not bad for MIA. Really strong ROY candidate if it wasn't for that meddling Harvey with his 2.2 ERA and .86 WHIP.

That he was still a player was also the shocking part for me. I read Tejada and immediately though it might be someone I don't know yet because there is no way he is still in the game.

Jose Fernandez has been a straight badass. 145 IP with a 2.4 ERA, 157 Ks and a 1.023 WHIP. Even has a 9-5 record, not bad for MIA. Really strong ROY candidate if it wasn't for that meddling Harvey with his 2.2 ERA and .86 WHIP.

I thought it was his kid or something.  he's in his 40's right?

harvey doesn't qualify, yo. too many innings last year! at this point it's the meddling puig. but despite how good puig has been i think we need to look at fernandez's performance historically, which espn did a few days ago, and i think fernandez deserves the NL ROY all the way (if the season ended today).

Tejada has already been proven to be older than he was when he came in. He claimed to be a few years younger than Jeter and Nomar and in the mid 00's it came out that he was older than he claimed. I believe the 39 is correct now.

also glad to see Dempster get suspended for his throwing at Arod. Im on Giradi's side here, you dont go throwing 90 mph baseballs at people multiple times and think it is okay.

They should make a special exception for A-Rod.

Each opposing team gets four "special" pitches per game to direct at him. Special pitches cannot be pitched consecutively and they may not be above the shoulder. A team must not exceed four pitches, but there is no minimum requirement. In the event that the first three special pitches make contact the fourth is considered a "free pitch", A-Rod will not be awarded first base if struck by the fourth pitch in that scenario. 

Just an idea.