MLB Discussion

Way to show how classy you are Boston. Not only do you not get ejected for intentionally throwing at a guy, it took you 4 times to do hit Arod? You are a major league pitcher and you cant bean someone on your first attempt? Dempster should have been ejected for being a shitty pitcher.

As a Tribe fan I have no problem with what Boston/Dempster did in this game. A-Rod deserves it. It would be awesome if this happened in every game. I know if we played the Yankees again I would love to see Salazar or Masterson throw a fastball right in A-Rod's back. Nothing at the head, just a message pitch. We have heard how many players have spoken out against him and you know there are many more that thinks he doesnt deserve to play another second of this game. This probably isnt the last time we will see this during the remainder of the season (I hope).

God almighty was that an incredibly late game last night for the Tribe, well at least for us back here on the east coast. I was loving every second of the O-H-I-O chants I could hear on the TV. Many more Tribe fans that Halo fans at the end of that one.

They should make a special exception for A-Rod.

Each opposing team gets four "special" pitches per game to direct at him. Special pitches cannot be pitched consecutively and they may not be above the shoulder. A team must not exceed four pitches, but there is no minimum requirement. In the event that the first three special pitches make contact the fourth is considered a "free pitch", A-Rod will not be awarded first base if struck by the fourth pitch in that scenario. 

Just an idea. 

I'm all for this.

And for anyone complaining about how short Dempster's suspension is, think of it like this: A-Rod's suspension (which he isn't even serving) is 42 times longer than Dempster's, yet tarnishing the entire sports reputation is way more than 42 times worse than hitting a cheater with a ball.

While I dont believe that it was just a "short period" as he states, and he side stepped some of the questions that have been brought up in the past month and parts of his statement could use some clarification (How do you take PED's and not realize that you were in the wrong?) I do think it is one of the best statements that any athlete has made after being caught. He owns up to being wrong, acting like a jerk, lying to everyone, throwing people under the bus, and while it was the obvious "injury healer", excuse, I do feel some closure on this case, which says a lot more than two paragraph statements athletes usually put out.

He's a douche.

Suuuuuure you only took it for a short period of time to heal from an injury.

Suuuuure you came forward to MLB because you dealt guilty and wanted to do the right thing, not because they had you nailed.

It would be good if game of shadows - part 2 came out and just like Bonds, they laid out all the info in chronological order, testimony of people around Braun about his actions, etc. Between Braun and A-Rod, I would wager there is a book.

While I dont believe that it was just a "short period" as he states, and he side stepped some of the questions that have been brought up in the past month and parts of his statement could use some clarification (How do you take PED's and not realize that you were in the wrong?) I do think it is one of the best statements that any athlete has made after being caught. He owns up to being wrong, acting like a jerk, lying to everyone, throwing people under the bus, and while it was the obvious "injury healer", excuse, I do feel some closure on this case, which says a lot more than two paragraph statements athletes usually put out.

It's a good apology. He obviously had a lot of time to work on it. It's just too little too late to change my opinion of him.

He literally mailed that that apology in. Get up in front of a camera and tell everyone what happened and actually say your apology. Not release some statement through your publicist that you most likely didnt even write yourself. What was in the statement was fine, I don't believe he only just used at the end if that season to heal from injury, but it was an acceptable statement. Just think he should have actually faced everyone.

I don't believe he only just used at the end if that season to heal from injury

why?  what makes you think he's used before/after?  theres no statistical evidence.  hearsay from some random source?  even if he admitted to more use, or more details there'd still be people saying he didnt do/say enough.  people who dont like him are going to find ways to continue to not like him, ya know?

or because his excuse is on par with a girl not texting you back because "she fell asleep".

yes, there are girls out there who have fallen asleep at the touch screen. but it's way more likely that she's just a bitch.

so lets say he does a live conference with the media and answers everything they want, every question, I am 100% certain there will still be people out there who say "yeah, but the way he said it, its not genuine" or some other bullshit statement like that.  theres nothing he can do to please everyone, no matter how he addressed this it will never be enough. 

Its funny how much you defend this douche bag. Do you honestly believe he only used at the end of one season to get over a nagging injury? Seriously? If the guy cant get up in front of a camera and apologize and tell the truth without sounding like a complete prick then thats just pathetic. Being a terrible public speaker (which he isnt, he's just a douche) and coming off like a prick are two separate things. Of course he will never please everyone but guess what, thats his own damn fault. I have no sympathy for this guy whatsoever. When you fuck up this bad at least get up and face everyone and not mail out some bullshit statement that we all know he didnt write on his own. You know he had a team of people helping to craft that statement. This is the least genuine way he could have done this apology.

Yes, I'm a Trout fanatic but if he acted the way Braun has the past few years I would not be defending the guy. I already know thats what someone will say next.

Its funny how much you defend this douche bag. Do you honestly believe he only used at the end of one season to get over a nagging injury? Seriously? If the guy cant get up in front of a camera and apologize and tell the truth without sounding like a complete prick then thats just pathetic. Being a terrible public speaker (which he isnt, he's just a douche) and coming off like a prick are two separate things. Of course he will never please everyone but guess what, thats his own damn fault. I have no sympathy for this guy whatsoever. When you fuck up this bad at least get up and face everyone and not mail out some bullshit statement that we all know he didnt write on his own. You know he had a team of people helping to craft that statement. This is the least genuine way he could have done this apology.

Yes, I'm a Trout fanatic but if he acted the way Braun has the past few years I would not be defending the guy. I already know thats what someone will say next.

LOL ok  

no, I asked you what proof you feel you have to believe he's been using some sort of PED or whatever outside of the one failed test he has.  you dont get to just answer my question by asking me the same question back.  if you say you believe he's been using something outside of just 2011, then back it up.  if you can, which you probably cant.  im not defending Braun, but the hysteria around his admission is amazing.  I just am offering up my take on why he's doing what he's doing from a brewers fan perspective.  i'll still wear the chinese knockoff braun jersey I got for $40, knowing my point of view is about as worthless as yours or biglebowskis from earlier.