MLB Discussion

playing hard and having a good time in baseball is frowned upon.

but but Ventura gives ppl mean looks!

It's actually Hosmer and Moustakas, who have shown in interviews that they are jerks. But on the topic of Ventura, it is pretty telling when the scouting report from another team is "get under his skin" and he will fall apart.

a lot of ppl don't like those two but they've matured. they were top ten picks and thrown into the fire expecting miracles and were sent down a lot. they were on a team that was irrelevant for 29 years, endured pure shit from national writers and tv. they are hungry and used to winning having been brought up together for 10 years.

I'd like to see these interview you're always bringing up.

it's whatever tho. you see what you want.

you got a Jays base coach chirping to Ventura. who wouldn't bite at that? look at all these loose canon pitchers out there. big fn deal. look at his last 9-1 run. teams purposely did shit to get to him. he looked away. he didn't do anything, but you wouldnt know that, it's not nationally publicized that he shook it off.

he brings fire to the post season now. he didn't do anything out of sorts except for one stare down. but hey, if you purposely call time over and over to get him to crack; fuck you

from the writer

… it started because I was poorly prepared. Standing in the Royals’ clubhouse, I realized I wasn’t sure I knew what Eric Hosmer looked like.

well, get to know the people you are about to intervew. maybe that set the tone for the interview?

you mentioned 'interviews'. that was one....and he didnt know who the fuck they were. seems like a legit source i want my news from.

best takeaway....

I don’t know Eno. You walk into a clubhouse and you don’t even know how to distinguish their two “franchise” players? It’s not like they were unknown quantities last year. Young bucks like Hoz and Moose are likely to take that as an affront. It’s kind of disrespectful to walk into a clubhouse and expect an audience with players if you haven’t done your homework. I think they likely gave you a chance to redeem yourself and hung around to hear what else you had to say. When you stumbled with Butler, they judged you a douche bag. Not unfair honestly. Maybe next time you walk into the KC clubhouse you go up to Moose and Hoz and apologize for not doing your homework last time.

I'd really love to see the Mets get swept up in the excitement of the moment and win the World Series on Saturday night when Ryan has the weekend off so that he can paaaaaaaartyyyyyy

this feels just like the super bowl for me. cheering against the team who i was rooting for in the previous year's championship.

if the mets don't take it all home, i'll at least be happy to see the royals get it. 

let's goooo! ahh i'm so damn excited!

MLB radio was saying how this was good for baseball. how David Wright wasn't even in the majors the last time the Mets were at Kauffman Stadium. how it was weird to see both logos together.

I agree. i always loved championship games when the two teams never thought to be there; were there.