NFL Discussion

Boo to that. I don't really care, but all the supposed "seahawk" fans here are obnoxious and fucking terrible. Would love for them to be shut up.

damn

Poor Earl. I would complain about this having to live in the PNW but at least here most Seahawk fans are as incompetent about football as they are obnoxious.

Boo to that. I don't really care, but all the supposed "seahawk" fans here are obnoxious and fucking terrible. Would love for them to be shut up.

It's basically just Sherman that's annoying to me (he can be okay sometimes but he is way too dramatic), some fans can be of course but you get that with every team. I love beastmode though, as a player, and seemingly a cool dude. That said, I want them to lose in a few weeks haha.

I can understand that. Remember when New England first started winning? It was the same way. bandwagons out of the woodwork.

I can understand that. Remember when New England first started winning? It was the same way. bandwagons out of the woodwork.

And 14 years later, they're still considered band wagoners somehow

The worst for me has to be the auburn fans. As soon as they start doing poorly, you can watch the flags and shirts disappear. I was so thankful i moved away before they won that title in 2010.

And 14 years later, they're still considered band wagoners somehow

If you show true dedication and are legit about your fandom like you and a few other Pats fans I know, I don't give them shit but you guys have a lot of bandwagons. Comes with the territory.

The worst for me has to be the auburn fans. As soon as they start doing poorly, you can watch the flags and shirts disappear. I was so thankful i moved away before they won that title in 2010.

I can imagine.

Maybe it's because I don't exactly see any Seahawks fans here in PA but Seattle sports teams have always had strong followings so I really don't hate their fans much. What are people supposed to do not get loud when their team starts winning? People get way too caught up in what one fanbase does over the other and starts to take away from the games being played.

GB played the worst final 6 minutes of any game, ever.  Start with Sherman gets hurt (can't even lift his shoulder or elbow) and GB stays away, I mean not even look his way to throw or run the ball.  Not once.  Same series, 3rd down play with 5:30 left, just run the ball to take 40 seconds off the clock, but no - GB throws a pass, short of the first down, that the guy drops and the clock stops.  This bonehead move gave Seattle at least two more plays before the 2 minute warning.  Then the guy just plain wiffing at the on-side kick, which was done to absolute perfection by the kicker.  Then the ridiculous 2-point conversion as #21 just lets the guy catch the ball.  And then to top everything off, they missed the coin toss (again).   Just unbelievable.   Congrats Seattle, you won the game you were supposed to lose, and will be hard to topple now.    

I cant get over losing to a team who had 5 turnovers and a qb with a zero rating at half time. Easily the worst loss i have ever watched any sports team i follow

It's a problem with the entire NFL being too conservative. All the numbers show that teams are better off throwing more, going for 4th and 1s, etc.

Every team that gets a 2 score lead just gets conservative and lets the other team back into the game. NE comes to mind as a team that keeps their foot on the gas regardless, and it's part of their success.

GB played the worst final 6 minutes of any game, ever.  Start with Sherman gets hurt (can't even lift his shoulder or elbow) and GB stays away, I mean not even look his way to throw or run the ball.  Not once.  Same series, 3rd down play with 5:30 left, just run the ball to take 40 seconds off the clock, but no - GB throws a pass, short of the first down, that the guy drops and the clock stops.  This bonehead move gave Seattle at least two more plays before the 2 minute warning.  Then the guy just plain wiffing at the on-side kick, which was done to absolute perfection by the kicker.  Then the ridiculous 2-point conversion as #21 just lets the guy catch the ball.  And then to top everything off, they missed the coin toss (again).   Just unbelievable.   Congrats Seattle, you won the game you were supposed to lose, and will be hard to topple now.    

I have never, ever, been a fan of NFL overtime rules.  winning on the first possession if you score a TD?  it still comes down to the random luck of a flip of a fucking coin.  

I get the 2 point play, that safety is a rookie, who played amazingly all game (2 int!) but succumbed to thinking the play was over because russell was scrambling backwards away from him.  

that onside kick was legit.  that fake FG/TD pass was legit.  the Seahawks special teams won that game.

Sherman broke up at least one pass to Adams after getting hurt.  Sherman could still run and cover, dude it a beast.  They should have tested him more though.  

That 12th man was silent all fucking game.  what a joke.  they're the loudest fans in the league when their team is winning, and nothing but mumblers sitting on their hands when they're losing.

Russell Wilson's QBR of 13.6 is the lowest by a starting QB in a postseason win in the 98 postseason games for which we have QBR data (starting in 2006).Joe Flacco won a 2009 Wild Card game at New England with a QBR of 16.1.

I was bitching to my buddy about how the onside kick is stupid just as they converted one. Score a TD! We're still in this! Just need an onside ki...aaaaand it's over (90%+ of the time).

Still think it would be better if you put them on their 25 and made it 4th and 15 instead of the onside kick (or something along those lines). Would increase the number of 4th quarter comebacks (and also probably make teams less conservative down the stretch).

How about #58 for Indy getting plastered on a punt return and spitting up blood on his way out of the game?  Whoa. 

To me, the most exciting play of any game is the on-side kick.  Almost never works, always by the team that is losing, and there is just chaos for 5 seconds to secure the ball and the game.  The best kickers try to kick the ball as high as possible at 12-14 yards away, on a bounce or not, and exactly as played yesterday.