anyone here ever had their wisdom teeth taken out?

The oral surgeon broke my jaw (apparently it's not that uncommon), I had horrible pain for months. I also got little shards of bone that would poke through the skin in my gums and I'd have to pull them out. Kind of look like fingernails. This, too, is apparently not uncommon.

Anyway, good luck. They'll give you good drugs, but be careful with them.

i havent but most of my friends did...they went to this dentist in new canaan ct who did novocaine AND a light dose morhpine IV drip....plus as many perc's as you need til the pain was gone...i plan on going there if i need mine done....3 ppl i know went there....all had the same experience...

After the surgery I felt ok. Then the next day sucked balls! Fortunately not enough to use the vicodin. I invited friends over for Ice Cream and an Evil Dead Marathon.

After everything was healing, my mouth got infected. Nothing tastes worse than having to taste puss shit.. It was gross. Fortunately a round of antibiotics later and I was good to go.

And I ended up selling the vicodin to some idiots who wanted to lace their pot with it.

had 2 occasions of wisdom teeth out. first one, the dentist wasnt strong enough to pull the fecker out, so she had to saw it in half and take each half out that way. mouth full of blood for a week. was kinda out-of-it for the first couple of days. nasty.

2nd time, a different dentist took it put quick and smartly, bled for one day and was back to normal after 2 days.

hope you get dentist number 2.

I felt completely fine two days after. I didn't think it was bad at all. But I also have a pretty high pain tolerence. If you're like me, take a couple of the painkillers they'll give you and then sell the rest. You can make some killer money if you find an idiot that'll pay $5 a pill.

Had mine out recently, and I felt no pain at all. The gnarliest part of it were the effects some of the drugs had on me.

When I was first put out, beforehand I took off my hat and cardigan (fuck off, I'm stylish) and my mom came with me to drive me home. After it was all done, I woke up in a room on the other side of the building, wearing both things, and my mom said when she walked in I was so out that my eyes were crossed. So, in a state of eyes crossed coma, I both walked and put on clothing. SO bizarre.

Also, if you take too much of the drugs they give you after, you really feel like a zombie. I remember sitting on my couch, just staring off into space (no TV or anything) and looking at a clock and 3 hours had passed.

mine were impacted, so it fucking sucked. my girlfriend at the time drove me home, but insisted on going to the barnes and noble i worked out (down the street), to get a drink. I spit blood all over the counter, and couldn't even drink my drink! i was so bummed! i went and saw communique that night, and it was crazyyyyy. i swallowed so much blood! shit sucked!

i am a total baby when it comes to pain. i whined for a few days but it really wasn't bad after the first day. my dentist wanted to do it with out me getting knocked out but i wasn't having that so he referred me somewhere they would. i freaked out when I first woke up and drooled blood but i wasn't in any pain really.