post your set-up thread

1071242_473162146129924_454315328_o.jpg

I finally got an Expedit 2x2 to put all my vinyl in. So here's my setup now on top of it. I managed to get all of my amp's feet on the surface so its on there pretty nice and sturdy. It doesn't look too pretty but it works!

Set up:

Technics SL-D2 w/ Shure M97xe

JVC A-X30 Super-A Stereo Integrated Amplifier

My speakers are some old Panasonic speakers that came with an All-In-One unit from the early 2000s. They actually sound surprisingly good to my ears. They sound better on this amp than they did on the old unit they came with.

Bonus points for the album!  Love Ratt and Out Of The Cellar just rips!!  For the longest time whenever someone wanted to hear my stereo or never heard vinyl records before I'd throw that on and just crank it.

Thanks! I love Ratt as well, probably my favorite glam band from the 80s. My favorite thing to show off the system right now is the 12 inch single of The Car's song "Hello Again" because it was pressed loud and the bass and drums really kick. Also Metal Church's album "The Dark" because of the way it was mixed everything just rips!

I haven't updated on here with my setups in ages, but I thought I would share with you my modest dorm room setup that tides me over while I'm away from home and all my big toys.

The stuff:
Macbook pro
Technics SL-1300 turntable w/ at95e cart
V
Pioneer SA-6500 II integrated amp
V
Klipsch RB-10 bookshelf speakers
Superlux HD668B headphones

View from my bed:
P1010063.jpg

The Technics:
1461404_10152040126021303_2010892089_n.j

The shiny Pioneer:
P1010066.jpg

The "big boom in a little package" Klipsch speakers:
P1010067.jpg

Took some pics for fun!  

-Stillpoints ESS rack

-Ray Samuels B52 preamp.

-Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk Phono preamp peeking out below the B52 Preamp section

-Below is an EAR 868 Preamp.

-Below that are the Exactpower EP 15a and SP15x4 power regenerators.

-Speakers are the Marten Design Bird 2

I have an XLR switch box that lets me switch between the two preamps to change the different sound presentations of the preamps.  

10990486364_c8511c1668_b.jpg

10990532923_b39af6f32f_b.jpg

Took some pics for fun!  

-Stillpoints ESS rack
-Ray Samuels B52 preamp.
-Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk Phono preamp peeking out below the B52 Preamp section

I have an XLR switch box that lets me switch between the two preamps to change the different sound presentations of the preamps.  

Jesus Fucking Christ

LOL!  This is after years of commitment to the hobby ;)

Its been a long road but I'm almost there where I set out to be....almost.

There is a bunch of more stuff thats not in the picture...but I have a supportive wife, hence it's all worked out pretty well.

Insane setup, my wife might lose her shit if I she came home to that

Took some pics for fun!  

-Stillpoints ESS rack
-Ray Samuels B52 preamp.

Very nice, I've always liked the EAR equipment and have never heard anything bad from them, how does the Ray Samuels kit compare?

I've not let my wife see these pictures she will start hiding my wallet again.

Took some pics for fun!  

-Stillpoints ESS rack

-Ray Samuels B52 preamp.

Incredible setup, what kind of table so you have?

I have 3 turntables with 2 currently being used in the main listening room.  The 2 tables are:

- VPI TNT VI Hot Rod, JMW 12.5 Tonearm, VPI HRX Motor, VPI Super Platter, VPI SDS Speed Controller, Van Den Hul Grasshopper III GLA Moving Coil Cartridge.  Also using a Jorma Design Unity RCA interconnect I just got, from the turntable to an EAR 324 phonostage.  

11037465796_b15a25a8cd_b.jpg

- Scheu Premier III, Schroeder Model 2 Tonearm, Jan Allaerts MC Cartridge

11037558873_abbff4f31d_b.jpg

Using a whole bunch of phono stage depending on mood for sound presentation.  They all sound different and I enjoy listening to them.

- EAR 324

- Jadis DPMC

- Einstein "The Turntables Choice"

- Eddie Current Transcription

- Ray Samuels F-117 Nighhawk

And the beautiful Chord DAC next to that Scheu for a different kind of pleasure :D

Amazing pics, as always!

Good catch Slinch :)  That's the Chord QBD76 HDSD DAC.  A very very stunning performer! The DSD is unbelievably analog sounding out of this thing.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/464-chord-electronics-qbd76hd-qbd76hdsd-dac-review/comments2.html

OK i was a little slow on taking these pics.  Sorry my camera is really crappy too.

I

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon white

KEF Q300 Speakers white

Marantz PM6004

Blue Jeans Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables Bi wired 

Custom made cabinet

I have a Pro-ject Puck-it and a record brush on order,  and plan on getting the acrylic platter shortly.  

Heres the whole set up

DSCN0220_zpsbb53dbe0.jpg

TT spinning reggie and the full effect - No country for Old Musicians

DSCN0219_zps65eb3e87.jpg

DSCN0221_zps5f597646.jpg

DSCN0222_zps7917c3ca.jpg

Not to be outdone, I thought I would share one of my "big setups" I have back home in Austin.  I posted an early rather shitty iteration of this a while back, but by the end of the summer this stereo morphed into a completely different monster.  This is downstairs in our living room.

Pioneer PL-530 turntable with Shure M97xe cart
Pioneer PD-4101 cd player

Pioneer Sx-980 stereo receiver

Boston Acoustics a150 speakers

After taking these pictures, I ended up putting the cd player up on blocks to give the receiver a little more airflow.

P1010032.jpg

P1010034.jpg

P1010035.jpg

P1010036.jpg

Not to be outdone, I thought I would share one of my "big setups" I have back home in Austin.  I posted an early rather shitty iteration of this a while back, but by the end of the summer this stereo morphed into a completely different monster.  This is downstairs in our living room.

After taking these pictures, I ended up putting the cd player up on blocks to give the receiver a little more airflow.

P1010032.jpg

P1010034.jpg

P1010035.jpg

P1010036.jpg

Man, that PL-530 sure is nice lookin'. I'd love to put together a vintage setup in my living room.

Not to be outdone, I thought I would share one of my "big setups" I have back home in Austin. I posted an early rather shitty iteration of this a while back, but by the end of the summer this stereo morphed into a completely different monster. This is downstairs in our living room.

Very nice, I've always been a sucker for vintage Pioneer, both in the house and in the car, what would really finish it off would be a Pioneer CD player of the PD-4101 vintage in silver with the wooden end cheeks but I'm a fussy bugger.

Very nice, I've always been a sucker for vintage Pioneer, both in the house and in the car, what would really finish it off would be a Pioneer CD player of the PD-4101 vintage in silver with the wooden end cheeks but I'm a fussy bugger.

Yeah but Pioneer never made any aluminum-faced cd players.  Their CD line started in the era of BPC (black plastic crap). McIntosh is the only brand I know that used wood veneer in their cd players. 

Yeah but Pioneer never made any aluminum-faced cd players.  Their CD line started in the era of BPC (black plastic crap). McIntosh is the only brand I know that used wood veneer in their cd players. 

The must be about as we got them over here, I have a black one from that era with wooden sides (PD-7010) and the same were available in silver, I have a brochure from that era somewhere, there was a silver one a few models down from mine just sold one ebay over here a PD-4010 I think but that has no wood, you don't see many but they are about.