NHL Discussion

As for the Torts news, not surprised. It came out that the intention wasnt to fire Torts, but during the players exit meetings with Sather, he had no choice but to cut the ties. Lundqvists comments were said to be the tip of the iceberg. Now theres rumors of them bringing in Gretzky/Messier. Also supposed to be in on Dave Tippet and are currently talking to Vigneault and that dude from the Marlies. I would love to see Messier/Gretzky coach the team. Remember that the Yotes Wayne coached were not a good team. It would be cool to see to familiar faces being the faces behind the bench but I mean, Dave Tippet just won the Jack Adams 3 years ago and made a mediocre team look like a good team. We have a great relationship with Phoenix so I wouldnt be surprised if he were to come to NY.

As for the Torts news, not surprised. It came out that the intention wasnt to fire Torts, but during the players exit meetings with Sather, he had no choice but to cut the ties. Lundqvists comments were said to be the tip of the iceberg. Now theres rumors of them bringing in Gretzky/Messier. Also supposed to be in on Dave Tippet and are currently talking to Vigneault and that dude from the Marlies. I would love to see Messier/Gretzky coach the team. Remember that the Yotes Wayne coached were not a good team. It would be cool to see to familiar faces being the faces behind the bench but I mean, Dave Tippet just won the Jack Adams 3 years ago and made a mediocre team look like a good team. We have a great relationship with Phoenix so I wouldnt be surprised if he were to come to NY.

I can't see them hiring Gretzky. Best player of all time? Maybe. Mediocre coach. Probably - but I just don't see how they go for Gretzky who ended his career in NY over Messier who is a NY legend.

they let the bruins get to them and rask played out of his mind.  also had a couple goalpost saves.. and they were really physical.  cant believe marchand didnt get 5 after cooke got 5.  his hit was more dangerous!  i did love the double hooking of Malkin on that failed breakaway though.  so funny looking, ha.  

I can't see them hiring Gretzky. Best player of all time? Maybe. Mediocre coach. Probably - but I just don't see how they go for Gretzky who ended his career in NY over Messier who is a NY legend.

remember how good Gretzky was in Pheonix?  go ahead, hire him, enjoy missing the playoffs every year.

remember how good Gretzky was in Pheonix?  go ahead, hire him, enjoy missing the playoffs every year.

Remember how good his team he inherited was? Not very good.

Neither can I honestly. But Im skeptical on hiring Mess because if he fails I dont want his legacy here to be ruined.