NHL Discussion

I do 45 + line entries into the $2 pool whenever there are a 4 or fewer games. aka most combinations of L1 L1 and L2 L2.  i win a lot of money 25% of the time, lose a little bit of money 25%, and break even 50%.  its cool, but it takes time and i havent' really made all that much, aka, not really any. 

Kessel just laid into the Toronto media, good on him. Toronto media is such a fucking joke.

Yup, they're pretty terrible. Partly because in spite of having a professional basketball and baseball team, people really really care about the Leafs (myself included). And so there's neverending scrutiny. It's brutal. In some ways, the biggest reason Kessel has lasted so long is that he so rarely talks to the media. It doesn't help that the team has probably been among the worst overall in the cap era (I would say that the Oilers are worse but they at least had a cup final run). 

Basically, unless the Leafs can get a universally beloved player like Gilmour or Sundin, any leader (or highly played star) will be under an unforgiving microscope.