NHL Discussion

When you make the top forward line, you play half the period as your shift (on 5 minute periods) and if you're good you get a decent amount of points to grow your player and increase stamina/endurance.

No, when you play that way, your guy doesn't get tired the same way. Also, when you play 60 minutes per game, you get WAY more experience points as you are on the ice for every goal scored, can take way more shots, get more goals and assists, more hits, takeaways, etc. If you have a good game you can get 100+ in O, D, and athleticism in 1 game.

Somehow my guy figured out how to score goals yesterday. I am a 2-way D-man and my guy had 2 garbage empty net goals like 8 games in then I had 2 goals and an assist in one game and a hat trick in the next and I damn near had a 4th one too.

You should definitely play 20 minute periods then. If you're only playing 5 minute periods, the shots on goal, goals scored, etc. are way lower than they should be. It definitely sucks playing as the goalie and seeing fucking 10 shots per game, especially when 1 or 2 of them are ones you have NO chance on courtesy of your idiot AI defenders. Makes it tough to get a respectable SV%.

You should definitely play 20 minute periods then. If you're only playing 5 minute periods, the shots on goal, goals scored, etc. are way lower than they should be. It definitely sucks playing as the goalie and seeing fucking 10 shots per game, especially when 1 or 2 of them are ones you have NO chance on courtesy of your idiot AI defenders. Makes it tough to get a respectable SV%.

In my Be a GM mode team, I play 10 minute periods so I can get stats that are semi-realistic but also get through a game without playing all day long.

Brian Campbell out for 4 weeks. Nick Leddy (19 years old) is going to make the team and play on the 2nd D pair it looks like.

Morin looks really good too. There might not be room for him though.

Morin is a cap casualty. Makes too much under his entry level deal, I guess. If Campbell wasn't on the cap payroll still, it would be a non-issue but there's some strategic advantage to NOT putting him on LTIR. What it is, I have no idea. Wouldn't be surprised to see Morin up if someone gets hurt. Not sure why Potulny is getting waived/sent to Rockford. He earned a 4th line role....Dowell should be sent down.

What's the goalie situation in Philly? Leighton's out for a month so is Boucher starting or is it someone else?

Boosh starting, with Sergei Bobrovsky backing. Johan Backlund was waived, but is expected to clear and be back with the Phantoms.

Thanks dude. I'm not too happy with the goaltenders on one of my teams and I think I'm gonna pick up Boucher. He should be able to get me a few wins in the first month hopefully.

Season starts tomorrow. Cannot wait. Minnesota vs Carolina in Helsinki. Goin to be there. So pumped. Hope the Wild play better then they did in pre-season. Already a few little injury niggles. SM-Liiga game Saturday night between HIFK and JYP. Top of the table clash, should be interesting to see. The arena for that is only 300m walk from my hostel.

Season starts tomorrow. Cannot wait. Minnesota vs Carolina in Helsinki. Goin to be there. So pumped. Hope the Wild play better then they did in pre-season. Already a few little injury niggles. SM-Liiga game Saturday night between HIFK and JYP. Top of the table clash, should be interesting to see. The arena for that is only 300m walk from my hostel.

Whoa dude! Have fun!

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':pca62ycj]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':pca62ycj]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I'm pumped for the beginning of the season too. The Habs is playing their first game against the Leafs...i can't ask for a better scenario and i'm going to the opening game next wedenesday against Tampa Bay. Should be a blast.

Have fun in Helsinki buddy!

Guest kylewilliam

incase anyone is interested, my good friend started www.hockeypunx.com, it is exactly what it sounds like. there is a forum to discuss music and hockey. its a very small community right now but it'd be cool to build it up... if anyones interested, come hang out!