NHL Discussion

LA deserved it; I'm glad they won.

Was anyone else noticing the mob of fucking photographers getting in the way of every single player when they carried the cup? It's one thing if they just stand still and take pictures, but they were walking around everywhere. I woulda knocked one of them on the head with lord stanley

Woke up at 5 this morning to re-watch the game sober haha. So happy my team finally won the Cup.

i couldn't go to sleep until 4am! i watched a bunch of the postgame stuff on tv. then i woke up today and looked at the kings instagram and couldn't help but crack a smile at the photo they posted saying "in case you woke up and can't believe it". sums it up perfectly.

the tix were a pretty penny, but we waited until around noon to buy them and by then they'd dropped to half what people were asking for right after game 4 was over. guess some people got worried after the 2 losses.

It's a long, long, long shot, but it would be pretty sweet if Drew Stafford used his influence as Zach Parise's close friend and best man to lure him toward the Sabres, then the Sabres trade Roy for anything they can get and somehow find another center and boom! We'll be less shitty than this year's disappointment.

flyers have 9mil in cap space with 4 UFAs and 5 RFAs, so unless they trade even more players off that roster... no way they land someone like Nash or Weber or Suter. unless the CBA has a buyout clause in it and they dump old man pronger, they're not going to go after any of the top UFAs

and thats with the projected 70mil cap for 12-13... without the CBA it'll be tough to make major commitments to players. or not. players gave up everything to get the CBA/lockout finished, they're going to be in a position to really move things in their favor. owners have to be ready to give a little this time around

It's a long, long, long shot, but it would be pretty sweet if Drew Stafford used his influence as Zach Parise's close friend and best man to lure him toward the Sabres, then the Sabres trade Roy for anything they can get and somehow find another center and boom! We'll be less shitty than this year's disappointment.

Trading Roy would be the worst move they could possibly make. What about Roy was a disappointment? He was one of your best players all year. Buffalo had much worse performances from at least a few other guys who should have been way better.

And Sutter is coming to Detroit. Lindstrom gone and they let Stuart go without any fight at all? They're making room for something big and Sutter is the one this year. Weber won't go until next year and fuck that guy, I'd hate to see him in a Wings jersey.

Yeah can't put a price on a championship clinching game. I definitely wouldn't forget it. Now only if I had a team that actually won something...

who's your hockey team?

i went to the parade and rally today. apparently there were ~250,000 people there. i had to take the train in, it was such a clusterfuck. the event itself though was very well put together. good times. going to the thrice show now. this has been a great week.

Trading Roy would be the worst move they could possibly make. What about Roy was a disappointment? He was one of your best players all year. Buffalo had much worse performances from at least a few other guys who should have been way better.

And Sutter is coming to Detroit. Lindstrom gone and they let Stuart go without any fight at all? They're making room for something big and Sutter is the one this year. Weber won't go until next year and fuck that guy, I'd hate to see him in a Wings jersey.

It's not his production, it's his chemistry and his style. Things just don't click big-picture when he's around, When he was out last year the team played phenomenally. When he's around, not quite so. He puts up numbers but while he's doing that, his linemates, no matter who they are, take a hit on their numbers. Guy is good, but he's do-it-himself good. And style.. he represents what's lacking in non-playoff teams like the Sabres. There's no way Buffalo could grind it through the playoffs with this roster because they're built of soft, small dudes. There's obviously a place for them, but when 2/3rds of the roster is that mold it doesn't work, and not that Roy himself is the problem there, but he's the guy that will get you the most return.

And honestly, if they could bring in a #1 center without moving Roy, he is a GREAT #2 center. I'm not as anti-Roy as a lot of people, but I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Honestly, the worst part about him leaving is that my bar league team would lose his brother.

It's not his production, it's his chemistry and his style. Things just don't click big-picture when he's around, When he was out last year the team played phenomenally. When he's around, not quite so. He puts up numbers but while he's doing that, his linemates, no matter who they are, take a hit on their numbers. Guy is good, but he's do-it-himself good. And style.. he represents what's lacking in non-playoff teams like the Sabres. There's no way Buffalo could grind it through the playoffs with this roster because they're built of soft, small dudes. There's obviously a place for them, but when 2/3rds of the roster is that mold it doesn't work, and not that Roy himself is the problem there, but he's the guy that will get you the most return.

And honestly, if they could bring in a #1 center without moving Roy, he is a GREAT #2 center. I'm not as anti-Roy as a lot of people, but I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Honestly, the worst part about him leaving is that my bar league team would lose his brother.

got a new owner, so hopefully he'll push to make things happen in buffalo. he's from WNY right?

Roy needs to play with a banger on the wing. He played with Campbell (a scorer/play maker) and a rotation of heavy hitters on the opposite wing while on my hometown Kitchener Rangers and both Roy and Campbell put up great numbers. Roy looks bad because his linemates have under performed, I don't think that's his fault. I don't think he's a second line center at all, and it's a bummer you guys dished off Kassian because he would have been the perfect guy to play with Roy.

Kassian is the right mold of a player, but he's got all kinds of flaws. He is lazy and very unintelligent.

Roy has bounced around with everyone on the team playing on his wing. Someone will be hot, the winger ends up with Roy as a center, and all of a sudden that winger's production drops. It happened with every winger this season.