NHL Discussion

He comes off as a real arrogant cockface to me. Whines about that Chara incident (which I fully believe was unintentional) and turns around and has a little dirty in himself. 

Fugg 'em. 

I thought the Chara thing was intentional however when you bitch and moan about that, dont fucking do something like that yourself. Hes a scumbag. 

Assuming we make the playoffs. Still waiting for our annual 10 game losing streak to kill the chances.

at this point, even if you lost all 10 games in regulation, theres no way chicago would end up outside of the top 8.  it'd be literally impossible for each of the other 7 teams to win all 10 games, since they'd play each other, so even a 10 game losing streak would keep chicago in the top 8

I think its more as a favor to him, hes been a healthy scratch most nights and when he is in the line up he's been getting 3rd line minutes. I dont think he fully adjusted to the style of the west and his concussion problems set him back.

He's healthy now and his concussion issues should be a thing of the past since they were a result of a mass in his neck (like Crosby) which he had removed. I think he could still be at least a 2nd line producer, he should get a lot more time in Philly. Put him with Giroux and watch him put up 20 goals again, easily.

some Dean Lombardi quotes from @helenenothelen

Lombardi on Gagne trade: wasn't fitting in so to speak...this is an NHL player...you don't do this unless you feel fairly comfortable on what you have coming through the minors. we feel pretty good about our depth up front.

Lombardi says Gagne did not ask for trade. 'if he'd want to go anywhere this is the place he'd want to go.'

Lombardi: 'able to put him in a place where he would be happy....he was very pleased with it. mentioned if sat out much more he was probably going to see me.'

Gagne traded back to Philly for a conditional 4th round 2014 pick. Hope he gets more ice time and finds his scoring touch again. Always liked him, wish he would have worked out better in LA. At least a he got a cup outta it.

Not quite sure how this works out, but glad to have him back. Gagne deserves to finish out his career here in Philly. Rumors are this was to secure depth to make a bigger move.