NHL Discussion

you can't have less than 3 players on the ice even in OT so instead of going 4 on 2 it was 5 on 3 and it got weird when the kings had a PP after that too but it was pretty much cause of the same reason

No yeah I got that part, but like you said then when the ducks got the penalty, it got interesting. I was just saying it was the most amusing overtime period I've seen!

you can't have less than 3 players on the ice even in OT so instead of going 4 on 2 it was 5 on 3 and it got weird when the kings had a PP after that too but it was pretty much cause of the same reason

This link should explain better the overtime rules.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26498

What an intense game. Glad the Stars were able to win.

Great game. No clue how Lehtonen didn't get a star for the game considering we hit him with 55 shots. I knew we'd come back and thought we had control but Lehtonen shut us down. Also, Crawford is continuing to annoy me. I want to see more Raanta in net to give Craw a rest.

Great game. No clue how Lehtonen didn't get a star for the game. I knew we'd come back and thought we had control but Lehtonen shut us down. Also, Crawford is continuing to annoy me. I want to see more Raanta in net to give Craw a rest.

Yeah no kidding! I love your young Russian but I don't know how he got 1st star(I'd give it to Roussel but I can see why Chicago might not want to give him the satisfaction lol since I guess the obvious of giving Kari first star didn't happen). Well I guess stopping 47 got Lehtonen the 3rd star! hahah Either way it was a great game and I enjoy the buddy animosity between the two.

Hard to believe though people are calling Roussel a pussy for not fighting Bolig late in the third in a 1 goal game though...

Fighting Bolig would have been pointless at that point but that's really the only reason he's out there. When I see Bolig skating down the ice trying to make a move, I cringe. Nice guy though. The Shaw fight was obviously gonna happen considering Dallas manhandled us last game.

I can't tell you how nice it is to have a nice calm hockey conversation with a Hawks fan. I made the mistake of reading comments on NHL.com and my god some people from every fan base (including Dallas) suck. For example, we get tons of "Stars" fans at games who are fans of the Stars till other teams they like come into town.... I hate it.

Dude to be honest I didnt see them, I changed the channel for a second and they would score a goal against us. I didnt even get mad about it surprisingly. I guess because its the Jets. But Fuck Olli Jokinen. Slow piece of shit. Still pisses me off he could have eliminated the Flyers from the playoff race and gotten into the playoffs. But no. He fucking fails on the SO attempt with one of the worst moves ever and they go on to the stanley cup.

hank got paaaaaaid

I can't tell you how nice it is to have a nice calm hockey conversation with a Hawks fan. I made the mistake of reading comments on NHL.com

Yeah I see those comments on nhl.com and roll my eyes. I'm not taking our record for granted. Go 6-1 last week and maybe 1-6 this week, who knows. The Dallas game was a great example if we don't play 3 full periods what happens. Plus it's turning into a great rivalry that I honestly didn't see coming.

HAHA You must forget you guys need a defense as well....and a real goalie.

I guess we must be watching different teams because thats not how I see it. I guess a guy who has a 2.14 GAA and a .932 Save % isn't considered a real goalie. I assume his past in Columbus has you thinking that way. Also, despite the Flyers early season troubles they are 10th in the league in Goals Against. So, to me it's not the goalie and defense it's their lack of scoring. But, hey we are all entitled to our opinions.