NHL Discussion

hahaha never change Edmonton, wow what a bad deal. I thought a saw that they are retaining half of dubnyks salary too.

Maybe they'll trade us Hall for Scrivens.

Yup. NASHVILLE JUST WON THE FUCKING LOTTERY. Upgrade in net while dumping a terrible contract. No trade at all would have been better than this. Aggghhhhh.

Hendricks for Scrivens.......?? lol

Do you follow any oilers bloggers on twitter? it's pretty funny right now. hell, even the royal half is having a good time with it.

holy shit, i was joking about scrivens

Now Edmonton looks smart.

haha, yeah me too.  still though, a 3rd for a pending ufa that la wasnt going to keep.  this makes the dubnyk trade okay now though.

also, now we get to see how badly his numbers drop behind debatably the best D in the league to the worst D in the league

Thought LA could have got more for Scrivens but if it's to free up cap space to make a bigger move than good call.

Edmonton is just so fucked. How does anyone in the organization have a job still 

See thats the weird part, it actually costs more for LA on the cap to trade Scrivens and call up Jones cause Toronto was covering half of Scrivens. My guess is they will flip the pick in whatever deal they do.

The way you responded to it sounded as if everything was fine because you wound up landing a mediocre goalie.

"we landed scrivens"  aka we have received scrivens, lol.  he played average in toronto behind poor d, and very well behind the best defensive team in the league.  now we can watch his numbers drop in edmonton behind the leagues worst d.  i'm excited nevertheless, i like the guy and see potential. 

BUT HEY IM AN OILERS FAN, THIS IS EXCITING FOR ME OK.  

So? Hes not a starter. And not a long term solution. Hes just mediocre. Ryan Miller is a monster. And a long term solution. 

he's only a long term solution if he re-signs with edmonton, which, as a UFA, WHY ON EARTH would he resign with a team like Edmonton when he's going to be one of the most in demand players on the market (if buffalo doesnt resign him)?  he is the biggest UFA goalie on the market.