NHL Discussion

if anyone wanted a Kings or Blackhawks custom stadium series jersey, shop.nhl.com fucked up and put them both up with NAME and NUMBER CUSTOMIZED for $89.95. This probably won't last long so jump on it now. It does say, however, that you probably won't get it till March 1st...

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. And they have some weird free 2 day shipping deal if you sign up for shoprunner. Also, the "itpays" promo code works if you use paypal and not discover.

Canada’s roster:

Forwards: Jamie Benn, Patrice Bergeron, Jeff Carter, Sidney Crosby, Matt Duchene, Ryan Getzlaf, Chris Kunitz, Patrick Marleau, Rick Nash, Corey Perry, Patrick Sharp, Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, Jonathan Toews

Defense: Jay Bouwmeester, Drew Doughty, Dan Hamhuis, Duncan Keith, Alex Pietrangelo, P.K. Subbam, MArc-Edouard Vlasic, Shea Weber

Goalies: Roberto Luongo, Carey Price, Mike Smith

I knew they weren't going to take hall but it's still ridiculous. If he played anywhere outside of Alberta he would have been a lock. JBo is overrated seeing as he's been paired with Pietrangelo all year. If he was still playing in Calgary he would not have even been a bubble player. But hey, at least they didn't take Couture. Or Neal. But seriously...Carter? And Marleau? Whhaaattteeevvveerrr.

pretty sure Russia is going to win it this year anyways, 15 NHL, 10 KHL, with most of the NHL players playing some part of the season last year in Russia oin the larger rinks...

Goaltenders

Sergei Bobrovsky (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Semyon Varlamov (Colorado Avalanche)
Alexander Eremenko (Dynamo Moscow)

Defensemen

Anton Belov (Edmonton Oilers)
Slava Voynov (LA Kings)
Alexei Emelin (Montreal Canadiens)
Andrei Markov (Montreal Canadiens)
Evgeny Medvedev (AK Bars)
Nikita Nikitin (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Ilya Nikulin (AK Bars)
Fedor Tyutin (Columbus Blue Jackets)

Forwards

Artem Anisimov (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Pavel Datsyuk (Detroit Red Wings)
Ilya Kovalchuk (SKA St. Petersburg)
Denis Kokarev (Dynamo Moscow)
Nikolai Kulemin (Toronto Maple Leafs)
Evgeni Malkin (Pittsburgh Penguins)
Valeri Nichushkin (Dallas Stars)
Alex Ovechkin (Washington Capitals)
Alexander Popov (Vanguard)
Alexander Radulov (CSKA Moscow)
Sergei Viktorovich (Dynamo Moscow)
Vladimir Tarasenko (St. Louis Blues)
Alexey Tereschenko (AK Bars)
Viktor Tikhonov (SKA St. Petersburg)

I knew they weren't going to take hall but it's still ridiculous. If he played anywhere outside of Alberta he would have been a lock. JBo is overrated seeing as he's been paired with Pietrangelo all year. If he was still playing in Calgary he would not have even been a bubble player. But hey, at least they didn't take Couture. Or Neal. But seriously...Carter? And Marleau? Whhaaattteeevvveerrr.

Hall wasn't in there and for good reason. He'll be there eventually be he just isn't ready yet. He's a loose cannon physically and will likely be hurt again before the olympics even start. 

Bouwmeester is one of the best all around defenceman in the league. His plus minus is off the charts and he produced offence in markets as bad as Florida and Calgary and is even better no. Plus he's a lefty. There was no question he would be on the team. 

I think Carter absolutely needs to be on the team. Look at Canada's forwards, especially down the middle. The assists outnumber the goals by a fucking landslide. There are few guys as good as putting the puck in the net as Jeff Carter is. Canada's world juniors paid for it this year and it's been Canada's biggest hole for a long time, with all that skill on the team they somehow still struggle to score like the top contenders. We don't have the goaltenders to rely on to win us every game so Carter is a real asset with the minimal play time he'll get. 

My biggest shock was St. Louis. I felt like he earned it and this was his last shot. I would take Giroux and St. Louis over Nash and Marleau anyday of the week. 

Seabrook was also a shock. Super bummed Subban is on and not him. Canada will really miss Seabrook when the Russian's and Swed's start flying down the wing past us. 

Nash is great on big ice so thats why he was taken. Even though Im shocked he made the team. Love it because hopefully it will have him playing better for us. I dont understand how Coture didnt make the team. That guy is incredible. Has to be one of the go to's if someone gets hurt. St. Louis not making it also was a surprise. 

kunitz has played with perry and getzlaf, too, getting 21, 25 and 16 goals before being traded to the pens, so its not like he'd be lost on the ice paired with them.  I'd take Kunitz over Neal

Without the Crosby factor Kunitz isnt a lock as a olympian though. It just happens to be a nice coincidence that he has played w/ Getzlaf & Perry.

But thats not to say that the Crosby factor isnt a big thing for Canada though cause as amazing as he is hes a hard player to find players to play with him. He had a pretty hard time in 2010.

I still cant believe we beat Chicago last night.....like.....fuck that was great

Your boys were on fire. That kind of effort will take them far, especially with Hank returning to form. One of the more entertaining games I've seen lately.

Damn Leafs. Been a fan since the 70's and this is as frustrating as it gets. Losing is one thing, but there is no reason for the lack of team defense year after year. Something has to change soon.

How man?! How the fuck have you lasted like 40 years. It's literally been forty years of shit with no real hope. You just have to move on man, it's not worth it. You're that guy that's been cheated on 6 or 7 times tellin all your friends that things will change, it's true love

Well...I'm not Canadian, but lived in the GTA in the late 70's, so HNIC was it for me every Saturday. Really dating myself here, but lived down the road from a former Rockies/Leafs goalie (Doug Favell) and had to root for the Leafs. Anyway, back then Sittler, Salming, Palmateer, Tiger were a good team and easy to cheer for. Even with all the ineptitude over the years, I still hold out hope that someday they'll be decent again, even if it's 20 years away.