NHL Discussion

I hate watching Red Wings hockey this year.  There's been maybe one or two games where I felt like I was watching real, legitimate Red Wings hockey all season.  They just look terrible every night.  Normally, I could bitch about the way LA plays and it would make sense because the Wings were a lot better.  Now, I can't even complain about the Kings game because they are just a much better team this year than Detroit is.  Sucks how badly Holland and Babcock have been the past few years.  Hopefully Detroit can grab a point or two tonight somehow....

I hate watching Red Wings hockey this year.  There's been maybe one or two games where I felt like I was watching real, legitimate Red Wings hockey all season.  They just look terrible every night.  Normally, I could bitch about the way LA plays and it would make sense because the Wings were a lot better.  Now, I can't even complain about the Kings game because they are just a much better team this year than Detroit is.  Sucks how badly Holland and Babcock have been the past few years.  Hopefully Detroit can grab a point or two tonight somehow....

dude, look at how many players they've lost.  you can't blame this on babcock.  their team is so much younger now.

Normally, I could bitch about the way LA plays and it would make sense because the Wings were a lot better.  Now, I can't even complain about the Kings game because they are just a much better team this year than Detroit is.  

you're a wings fan so i guess you're not used to ups and downs, but they happen.  and a down season for the wings is considered barely making the playoffs.  get over it, they're not a bad team, they're being coached well and the young guys will come around.   just be glad you're not an oilers fan like me.

Yeah, that's the point!  I'm a spoiled fan!  But really, it's more the fact that Detroit could have been a much better team than they are currently.  Just look at the past few years.  You're looking at a team that replaced Rafalski with Ian White, Lidstrom with Kyle Quincey, Hudler with Mikael Samuelsson, Filppula with Weiss... It isn't me being a "spoiled fan" so much as me being a guy who is tired of the way Holland has managed this team the past few years. Meanwhile, signing mediocre players like Cleary and Bertuzzi to contract extensions... it's just disappointing, and I mean, when you put together the roster Detroit has, you're basically wasting away the final great years Datsyuk and Zetterberg have by surrounding them with plugs, lol.  But the injury issues ARE ridiculous.  If Weiss and Helm could stay healthy, they'd be a lot better.  I still maintain that the defense really could use some help, and the bottom six is real mediocre even when healthy.

Regardless, it's been a good game tonight between DET and LA. 

In reality, I think the Wings fanbase has been spoiled, myself included obviously, but I do think it's valid for me to be upset with the current way it is being managed.  No other team has managed assets quite like Detroit has the past few years.  It's bizarre, and there are legitimate concerns with the way both Holland and Babcock have dealt with everything in recent times.

Ha oh man.. Wings fans are on another level.

You have pretty much the best GM in hockey.

I get it, it's ridiculous.  I'll probably regret everything I'm saying in this thread in a few years when Detroit is on top and Holland proves his worth, but man, his complacency has been ridiculous.  It's all good, though. I know how ridiculous I sound.  I swear I make sense.  I wouldn't move Holland for anyone, but I just wish he didn't let this team get this average.

Also, I think a lot of contracts that are signed the next couple of years... whether it's Phaneuf, Mason, even Ericsson on Detroit... they're not going to look nearly as bad in a couple of years.  Mason could, because who knows really how good Mason actually is, but overall, the salary cap is going to keep rising, not all of these guys getting ridiculous looking deals will have such bad deals in a few years. 

Hahahaha wow. If this game mattered for the Kings I would be freaking the fuck out if I was Ian.

(please beat the Wings though)

i get that refs screw up, what I don't get is how not every single goal is reviewable. If it goes in the net it should be eligible for review. Just absolutely insane.