NHL Discussion

Leafs need to fire the whole front office and clean house if(when) they miss the playoffs. I can deal with losing, but year after year of a basic unwillingness to commit to sound team defense is pathetic and inexcusable. 48 shots against tonight - I don't care how good the Blues are, that's a joke. It happens night after night after night....

Reimer's confidence is shot now, and I don't see how he'll get it back with Bernier being the #1. And how would it turn out if they back in and face the Bruins? Fucked either way.

With that said....goddamn are the Blues good. A big year for Hitchcock and the Blues organization being all-in with Miller.

Riems is obviously a good goalie, that game against us that where he came in for Bernier he played amazing. I just think the leafs give up way too many shots for any goalie to do well. Shit Bernier is a stud and he masks most of the problems but he isn't Jesus Christ.

Idk clean house with front office, deal Reimer and perhaps kadri and someone for some better Dmen.

Stars get a chance and of course a horrible icing call then followed by of course the partition in the class has the puck come off right to Hossa. Fucking kill me now. Fuck the Hawks. This is totally venting. Fuck everything.

Game could have went either way. Both goalies played great. I thought after Dallas made it 3-2 we would implode like we usually do but that empty netter was lucky. I honestly was looking more forward to seeing Teravainen play his first game then the actual game itself. Thought the kid played great and held back a lot.

Flyers vs Rangers tonight. If the Flyers can win tonight (which I think they will) it will move them back into 2nd place in the Metropolitan Division, and they will have 1 more point and two games in hand against the Rangers. Fuck yes!!!

St. Louis got moved onto a line with Nash and Stepan....I wouldnt count your chickens just yet boys. Not to mention its in MSG. And that crowd is going to be insane tonight. Bummed Carcillo has the flu though. Loved what he brought his first game on the team and against the Flyers no less. Also, fuck Simmonds.

Fuck, I would love to watch the Flyers Rangers game tonight but I work until 10.

Also, the Bruins are going to the final again this year. They're the only legitimate contender in the east. But yes, crazy things can happen.

Boston is my #2 next to Edmonton, and my playoff team EVERY year. Well, at least since 2006.

Ahh Boston has a few Achilles heels in the east (Montreal and Washington). They're definitely a powerhouse but they're prone to fumble in the first round. So long as they kick into that warrior mode early they're good but I don't think it's for sure. The east this year I think will just be a shit show of madness especially the way the match ups work now in regards to staying in division unless you're a wild card upsetting the other divisions leader. Then if you're in the west you're going to be so fucking destroyed by the time you get to the cup it could go either way. 

It was a frustrating game, he slashed McDonagh's glove off when there was like 3.9 seconds left.  Then I think he slashed his bare hand again.  I didn't like it, but I saw it more as it setting a tone for the playoffs.  That was a really loosely called game too, not complaining because there was no way we could've beaten Lundqvist tonight, he was absolutely on.  There were a few calls that should've been made that weren't, on both sides of the puck.

Dude....setting the tone and slashing someone TWICE in the hand are two different things. Not to mention he drew blood. If there is anything wrong with McD where he misses games, there better be some sort of discipline. Because those slashes were just bullshit. Its the end of the 3rd, they had no chance at coming back, and Simmonds was just being the piece of shit that he is.

I agree with him getting a fine or suspension, injury or no injury, but McDonagh did cross check him on the play too.  Was his response more than it should've been, yes, but is he really a piece of shit?  Any player who plays mostly in front of the net is going to garner a lot of hate and annoy people but c'mon.

The only person I can agree with being a piece of shit on our team is Steve Downie. Hartnell was questionable for a while but he's really toned it down. He's a pest but not like he used to be.

Agreed, Downie has the temper of a teenage girl. All any team needs to do is bother Downie enough over the edge, then you'll have all the penalties you want.