NHL Discussion

Steve Downie and James Neal have no place in this league.  I've hated Downie since he came into the league.

Neal has the skill, absolutely, to be in the league, he just needs to get on some zanex or something and calm the fuck down.  downie is definitely a clown.

I miss max talbot too :(

Yeah he's become a much better player and curbed some of his actions.  How do you feel about Carcillo?  I wasn't a fan when he played here.

Carcillo was extremely stupid when he was with philly but I thought he was fun to watch at the time. I think rinaldo is a better hitter and i'd rather have him.

The Blues just destroyed the Wild tonight. Kuemper has been terrible of late, and we can't score on the power play or stop anybody on one. At this rate, we'll have to play the Blues in the first round, and I don't think we stand a chance. I'm starting to think a Blues-Bruins Stanley Cup Final is inevitable, which would be an awesome series.

ian did you watch that kings/pens game last night?  did the kings broadcast say anything about the no-goal call?  im still really confused how they were able to say the goal was in the net but that it wasnt a goal because of goaltender interference when it wasnt called that on ice?  

ian did you watch that kings/pens game last night? did the kings broadcast say anything about the no-goal call? im still really confused how they were able to say the goal was in the net but that it wasnt a goal because of goaltender interference when it wasnt called that on ice?

because Sutter jammed at Jones pad with his stick which caused his pad to come lose from the post and the puck to go in, which you can't do.

The refs must have decided that's what happened when the all met together and overturned the original call (a rule that came in last season). It's happened a few times before, the one I remember was Kings at Edmonton last season (the yakopov celly game) and there was a game tying goalie waved off for interference on Quick but it was called a goal at the time.

I'm surprised they waved it off last night though because that only happened cause Drew was cross checking the hell out of him

It's not video review-able when it's a push into the net. That's why they all met instead of going upstairs. Pushing a goalie in needs to be called on the ice, that one was a tough situation like Ian said because of the cross checks but I still think they made the right call. He pushes his pad so hard that the force ends up sending the puck in. 

It's not video review-able when it's a push into the net. That's why they all met instead of going upstairs. Pushing a goalie in needs to be called on the ice, that one was a tough situation like Ian said because of the cross checks but I still think they made the right call. He pushes his pad so hard that the force ends up sending the puck in. 

I think the weird part was that they did go upstairs. I think they were buying more time to all decide, i dunno.

BTW here's the official reasoning.

From The Situation Room Blog on NHL.com:
At 9:41 of the the third period in the Los Angeles Kings/Pittsburgh Penguins game, the Situation Room initiated video review after the puck entered the Los Angeles net. The referee informed the Situation Room that after a huddle, the officials’ group decision was that Pittsburgh’s Brandon Sutter pushed Los Angeles goaltender Martin Jones’ pad and the puck into the net, impeding Jones’ ability to play his position. According to Rule 78.5 (ix) “Apparent goals shall be disallowed by the Referee when a goaltender has been pushed into the net together with the puck after making a save.” This is not a reviewable play therefore the referee’s call on the ice stands – no penalty and no goal Pittsburgh.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2014/03/27/nhl-explains-goaltender-interference-call/