What video games have you been playing?

The new Humble Bundle is an insane deal. Jump on it now because they will probably add something else soon that previous buyers will get but future buyers have to beat the average for.

Pay what you want. On their own, all these mind-blowing titles would cost about $215, but we're letting you name your price! Pay any price to get soundtracks for The Sims 3 and Battlefield 3. A purchase of $1 or more gets you Origin* keys for all the games, and you can also get Steam keys forDead SpaceCrysis 2 Maximum EditionBurnout Paradise: The Ultimate BoxMedal of Honor, and Mirror's Edge! Beat the average to also get The Sims 3, two expansion packs in The Sims 3 Starter Pack, and Battlefield 3.

Picked up Black ops 2 recently and im back to being obsessed with it

I hadnt played a call of duty since world at war and ive forgotten how addicting the multiplayer can be

Theres some weird satisfaction with getting all the gun skins and new reticles

I agree, I got almost all the diamond skins before I stopped playing. I prefer Battlefield over COD though. Both games seems to be stepping it up big time for the next gen.

Recently fixed up an old NES, so my days have been filled with playing some Mario Bros/Duck Hunt.  Been also working on finding a Sega CD and a copy of Sonic Shuffle for the Dreamcast.  Game looks awesome.

Also, got an old copy of Star Wars Battlefront 2 for the Xbox.  4-player splitscreen galactic conquests for the win.

If you didn't know, it's incredibly easy to download and burn dreamcast games that are playable on the system. It doesn't require any modding or real computer knowledge. You just download the .iso and burn it onto a regular cd.

I actually own Sonic Shuffle since it came with the system when I bought it. It's alright but Mario Party is way better. Sonic Shuffle is pretty slow and long winded. It feels to me more skill/strategy based than most party games which doesn't necessarily equate to fun.

If you didn't know, it's incredibly easy to download and burn dreamcast games that are playable on the system. It doesn't require any modding or real computer knowledge. You just download the .iso and burn it onto a regular cd.

I actually own Sonic Shuffle since it came with the system when I bought it. It's alright but Mario Party is way better. Sonic Shuffle is pretty slow and long winded. It feels to me more skill/strategy based than most party games which doesn't necessarily equate to fun.

This, back in the day I had a decent amount of pirated games.

I actually own Sonic Shuffle since it came with the system when I bought it. It's alright but Mario Party Is way better. Sonic Shuffle is pretty slow and long winded. It feels to me more skill/strategy based than most party games which doesn't necessarily equate to fun.

I remember being so psyched when Sonic Shuffle was released, because I loved playing the Mario Party series with friends. My hopes were quickly shattered when I got the game. It's just as you described, slow and boring. The mini games were hardly any fun, and if I recall correctly, the game seemed more complicated than necessary. It's funny the topic of the Dreamcast came up, because just yesterday I decided to dust off my console and hook it up. I'm looking forward to jumping back into games like Crazy Taxi.

Been also working on finding a Sega CD

I have a Sega CD, I'm the only person I know that ever owned one. Not even sure if it still works as I don't even know if I still have a Genesis around to hook it up to and try it out, I have a controller so it must be around somewhere, I hope. But, man oh man was that a hilarious console, in the history of consoles. So many memories, I had Sonic CD, Sewer Shark, Ecco the Dolphin, Links golf, and this compilation disc with Golden Axe and Streets of Rage. I also used to rent Jurassic Park on the regular and a fighting game called Brutal: Paws of Fury, oh man, takes me back. The Jurassic Park point-n-click was awesome.

If you can't find one I would recommend getting an emulator. I'm on a mac and I used to have a Sega CD and SNES emulator. Got the Jurassic Park Sega CD ROM, oh man going back to that was great. I even found a driver that allowed me to use a PS3 dualshock3 to play all the ROMs. Then I had outputs running to a TV and sound system. Vintage gaming was never better.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I currently have a softmodded Wii (best decision I've ever made with a nintendo product) so I've been playing a bunch of retro games from the NES/SNES/Genesis/MasterSysterm/CD/PSX/N64 etc so I've been playing some old school sonic games (including some newer ROMs of custom made sonic games which are pretty cool).  It's real easy to do if anyone has one, no hardware modding required.  Also lets you run backups of your games off of an external hard drive.  Only problem I've had is with any N64 games done by Rare (AKA The Good Ones like Goldeneye and Conker's Bad Fur Day).  Apparently they did all their games a lot differently than the other N64 games, which sucks because Conker's was such a good game and I don't feel like dropping the kind of cash people are asking for on it. 

As for Sonic Shuffle, I've tried like three times to burn my .cdi file of it to a disc and the dreamcast won't read it.  Tried my backup of Sonic Adventure and could only get so far as the first Robotnik battle in the ruins then it crashes.  Dunno what I'm doing wrong yet.

I've heard the game is REALLY quite boring, mainly due to the addition of loading screens for everything, but I've got a softspot for trying out awful games. 

I just wanted to grab a Sega CD for the feeling of playing it on the old school systems.  The Sega CD is another one you can easily just burn games for. 

But thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Both CoD and Battlefield are getting my money this time around. Haven't played console in about a year, and I have the Day One Edition Xbox One on pre-order. Probably gonna get  Ghost and BF4 around launch time. BF4 for the PC as well. I know I'm late to the party, but like a month ago my girlfriend and I played through The Last of Us. That is such a fucking great game.

What speed are you writing at? The majority of those games take up the full 800 mb or whatever is on a cd, so there is a good amount of room for a burn error. Try burning at the lowest speed and see if that help at all. If all else fails I'm sure you can find a cheap copy. I know there's a local store that usually has it in stock for like, $2.99.

And yeah, I recommend everyone get some sort of modded system to play old games. I've got a soft modded xbox and it's a beautiful thing.

Hotline Miami is one extremely violent video game, but also super fun. It's set in an alternate 1980's Miami and you're a hitman who wears animal masks and drives a DeLorean. Each level is basically a top-down blueprint-style layout of a building and you have to kill everyone inside the building without being killed and get out. They call it a 'top-down f**k-em-up' and it's basically a puzzle-shooter. You respawn immediately at the beginning of the area in which you died, so it's pretty much really fast-paced trial-and-error and it becomes very addictive. The story makes use of an unreliable narrator and at moments it feels like a bad acid trip.

It's kind of like Drive x Only God Forgives x Tarantino x Vice City, in the format of a top-down puzzle shooter with old-school style graphics and techno music, all on the brown acid.

(Only thing I don't like: in certain levels there are poochies that attack you, so you have to do away with them in order to complete the level. You can collect masks that grant different abilities and one mask makes it so the dogs don't attack, but you still won't complete the level unless you clear all enemies, so that is a bummer. You've been fore-warned.)