What video games have you been playing?

All good points, I can def agree with you. True, some of that stuff def puts ppl off PC gaming. I'm not so much put off by how tweak-y it is, moreso the initial cost of a high-end rig, and a little bit for game selection, western games are mostly cross-plat but the NA localizations and certain exclusives are def a plus for owning a PS. Those 2 things plus I've been a console gamer since the Atari 2600. I like controllers, the PS3 and 360 controllers are both good. I  would have improved upon them by splitting each half of the controller into one hand so you can sit back and game super-lazy style, instead of holding your hands more 'in front' of your torso.

Extremely ignorant of the Wii U (and Nintendo as a whole) there haha. Nintendo have completely abandoned motion gameplay (that's on Microsoft now). My PS4 is gathering dust while I've been busy with Pikmin 3/Rayman Legends/Wind Waker/Super Mario 3D World... None of which have any motion controls and only rayman has a large amount of touchscreen gameplay which isn't even made by Nintendo. The Wii U is basically the GameCube successor. Zelda with the map always in your hands and not having to press pause to swap items is any Zelda fans wet dream.

I'll undoubtably log more hours on PS4 in the long run because it has 3rd party support, but nothing beats Nintendo games and the game pad is the best I've used.

Extremely ignorant of the Wii U (and Nintendo as a whole) there haha. Nintendo have completely abandoned motion gameplay (that's on Microsoft now). My PS4 is gathering dust while I've been busy with Pikmin 3/Rayman Legends/Wind Waker/Super Mario 3D World... None of which have any motion controls and only rayman has a large amount of touchscreen gameplay which isn't even made by Nintendo. The Wii U is basically the GameCube successor. Zelda with the map always in your hands and not having to press pause to swap items is any Zelda fans wet dream.

I'll undoubtably log more hours on PS4 in the long run because it has 3rd party support, but nothing beats Nintendo games and the game pad is the best I've used.

This has been my experience too. My PS4 hasn't been touched since I bought the Wii U, save for a bit of Resogun here and there. There's just something special about Nintendo first party games which has been conspicuously absent from the (already stale) Playstation lineup. The PS4 needs something like Tearaway on the Vita. Something with character.

This has been my experience too. My PS4 hasn't been touched since I bought the Wii U, save for a bit of Resogun here and there. There's just something special about Nintendo first party games which has been conspicuously absent from the (already stale) Playstation lineup. The PS4 needs something like Tearaway on the Vita. Something with character.

I guess it depends on taste really. My Wii U collects dust. My son even prefers to play my PS3 over the Wii U.  Super Mario U was fun but Luigi U was basically the same game and concept with less time to complete levels.  Now, Mario 3d World is basically the same game that came out for the 3DS.  I feel like Mario is the same game every time with nothing new to the game, other than some costume changes. This time around it is much more polished and looks prettier with graphics but there is nothing beyond that.

Sony may not have a game face attached to the system (ala Mario) but thier exclusives have been solid.  From God of War, Killzone, Unchartched, and recently The Last of Us....  They are untouchable in terms of exclusive content.  Obviously there isnt anything exceptional on PS4 in those regards right now, but the system is a little over a month old. 

I guess it depends on taste really. My Wii U collects dust. My son even prefers to play my PS3 over the Wii U.  Super Mario U was fun but Luigi U was basically the same game and concept with less time to complete levels.  Now, Mario 3d World is basically the same game that came out for the 3DS.  I feel like Mario is the same game every time with nothing new to the game, other than some costume changes. This time around it is much more polished and looks prettier with graphics but there is nothing beyond that.

Sony may not have a game face attached to the system (ala Mario) but thier exclusives have been solid.  From God of War, Killzone, Unchartched, and recently The Last of Us....  They are untouchable in terms of exclusive content.  Obviously there isnt anything exceptional on PS4 in those regards right now, but the system is a little over a month old. 

No no no nonono no nono nononononono and hell no. Clearly you haven't played it.

I agree with your last paragraph though, and that's why I also have a PS4.

No no no nonono no nono nononononono and hell no. Clearly you haven't played it.

I agree with your last paragraph though, and that's why I also have a PS4.

I am in world 5 right now on the Wii U.  It's very much the same if you ask me.  Well, there is a cat suit now which is kinda cool, you can get multiple characters of yourself on the screen, 4 players at the same time, ect....  These are new features but its the same, general concept.  I enjoy playing the Super Mario games, I just feel like Nintendo does exactly as EA does with Madden.  They live off the name and put out many similar games.

I am in world 5 right now on the Wii U.  It's very much the same if you ask me.  Well, there is a cat suit now which is kinda cool, you can get multiple characters of yourself on the screen, 4 players at the same time, ect....  These are new features but its the same, general concept.  I enjoy playing the Super Mario games, I just feel like Nintendo does exactly as EA does with Madden.  They live off the name and put out many similar games.

Stop playing it by yourself. The game is a different beast co-op and really puts it on the next level. I played the entire thing with three other people and it was the most I've laughed playing a game since 4player split screen on the N64.

The levels are also much better and the difficulty really ramps up the second half of the game (world 6).

Stop playing it by yourself. The game is a different beast co-op and really puts it on the next level. I played the entire thing with three other people and it was the most I've laughed playing a game since 4player split screen on the N64.

The levels are also much better and the difficulty really ramps up the second half of the game (world 6).

I'll take your word for it.  A lot of games are more fun co-op, so that could be a fun factor right there.

I'll take your word for it.  A lot of games are more fun co-op, so that could be a fun factor right there.

It's just cosmetic bs, but they give a crown to whoever gets top score in a level for use in the next level (completing a level while still holding the crown gets you extra points) and for some reason it just becomes really competitive to beat your friends and hold on to it. Something that really shouldn't matter but it's just another layer of fun. It also gets knocked off if you're hit or if someone manages to ground pound you.

My 3 year old daughter is addicted to watching me play 3d world. Her cousin was showing her how to play yesterday but is more into watching. Even with over all lack of games my wii u has gotten the most play time the last year. Pickmin 3, Wind Waker and 3d world. PS3 Has gotten time with GTA 5. PS4 maybe 4 hours since launch........

Going to touch on a few points here... Wind Waker is an HD remake (a port that took only 6 months [franchise exploit/cash grab, just like Ocarina 3D on portable] for them to make, FYI.) of a 2 gen-old game. I don't care about HD, esp not on a cartoon styled game, a game doesn't have to be HD to be fun. I already have it on GC and would play it on GC again rather than shell out for a Wii U, so it doesn't really count. Rayman Legends isn't an exclusive, so it doesn't count either. (btw my GC was free since it was gifted to me by a friend who was throwing old stuff away and Wind Waker I hardly paid anything for, I paid maybe $20 for a STACK of games to go with it. About 6-7 games all great games, as good as Wind Waker.)

Wii U has been out for 14 months now and has, according to your tally (minus Wind Waker and Rayman bc they don't count) 2 good (or decent, depending how burned out you are on the Mario formula) games. so at $60 a pop new that's $120 worth of decent games. Not worth the entry cost of buying the console for 2 games. Then inevitably there will be 1 Zelda game. (That would make me want a Wii U, but still not worth it at all, not everyone is in a position to buy every console at/shortly after launch, or even after price drop for just 1 game.)

And the gamepad/wiimotes vs. a PS3/PS4/360/XB1 controller. No comparison, the touchpad is a gimmick. I wish the PS4 controller didn't have the little touch thing.

Anyway, I think you missed the point that I was commenting on industry trends in general, and I even said obviously it doesn't apply to 100% of all cases. Sure you like your Wii U but maybe some people who can't afford a Wii U and a PS4 shortly after launch have to be more careful how they spend their cash.

The sentence in bold pretty much nullifies your arguement up til that point.

My 3 year old daughter is addicted to watching me play 3d world. Her cousin was showing her how to play yesterday but is more into watching. Even with over all lack of games my wii u has gotten the most play time the last year. Pickmin 3, Wind Waker and 3d world. PS3 Has gotten time with GTA 5. PS4 maybe 4 hours since launch........

PS4 has no good games YET. It will, oh boy, will it ever. Give it time, The Last Of Us for PS3 is better than any PS4 game that's out so far because it's at the end of the console gen, just wait til the devs start sinking their teeth into PS4.

And a 3 year old likes Mario, well yeah it looks like a cartoon. 3 year olds also like doing cartwheels in the backyard and is probably healthier for them than burning out their developing brains/eyes watching a screen. (If they were a little older and actually playing the game, then you could make an arguement for eye-hand co-ordination, at least.) Also, I don't know how many consoles 3 year olds buy.

---

So whether there is waggling or not, it's not worth the price to play Pikmin 3, although I'm sure it's fun. Lots of the better Wii games eschewed of motion controls either completely, or almost completely too, and it still collects dust. (ie: Goldeneye had none, plays with an oldschool style controller.)

Nintendo is still behind half a generation (or more) I'd rather play PS3 than a Wii U (Valkyria Chronicles for PS3 came out in 2008, 5+ years ago. I would rather play that than Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World put together. It also cost me $20 cause it's an older game, and even my PS3 was pretty cheap, by comparison, since I didn't get one til the Slim model was out.)

---

I grabbed the MK reboot for like $10 new, shipped. Been a looooong time since I've played a fighter. I suck at fighting games.

Goldeneye Wii was a terrible game. A better example would be Xenoblade Chronicles which was better than any better looking game when it came out. Anyways, it's popular to hate on Nintendo, I get it. Not hardcore enough.

My list of games was just stuff that just came out and I bought, which is comparable or better than anything that just came out on any other console.

Touch was a gimmick on the DS too, good thing that didn't shift a hundred million units and was quickly discontinued :P

I had fun with it online, it was the only dece shooter for Wii, and only online shooter I ever really played other than the online portion of ME3 (Love me some Mass Effect), and a bit of MW2. [Not really into those kinda games.]

I never played Xenoblade Chronicles, but that helps prove my point, thanks. And I don't think I am hating on them as much as they are sucking. I grew up with ninty man. NES, SNES, N64 and GC all rule in my books, still to this day. At this point all they do is milk the franchises and they don't even do that great of a job with them anymore. Last time they really broke ground was Super Mario 64.

And k how about list your library of fav Wii U games and even though you are comparing to PS4 I will go back a gen or two and list my best games on PS3 and GC. And how much I paid for each, since I rarely buy games new unless there is some incentive. (PO bonus, or supporting smaller devs.)

I honestly wasn't going to comment at first but then I was like 'meh this is too juicy not too, and the whole point was to get a discussion going so why not come back with my 2 cents.' Also it was kinda jerky to say I was 'ignorant' when I already stated I was purely speculating on industry trends. Maybe I am ignorant to your personal preference of games, and how much you are willing to spend to play them.

It does man (but XB1 sucks equally, or even more, so far, IMO). They have no good games out yet. And Last Of Us doesn't suck. Okay maybe the combat isn't amazing. I never liked Naughty Dog's combat (Hated Uncharted 1, 2 was better.) But the cool thing about that game is the story, characters, and how it makes you feel.

Most games you spray guys with bullets, this game actually makes you CARE because you see what damage 1 bullet actually can do like in real life and that is actually a VERY important step in video games. In 5 years people will look back at how that had an impact on games overall.